[v9.0 ground combat] frozen game on reaction fire

Same situation for me.

Alien was outside scout ship (exit out of rear door and turn right). Shot alien, alien reaction fire game freezes. Animations are playing on map (smoke) but thats it can't move the map or take any action. Don't have a save game near the crash.

I ran into the same deal. Two aliens in a ship and reaction fire from either of them causes the game to hang. I finally managed to throw enough missiles on that side of the ship to kill them without going in the door. I have a save file right outside the door of the ship if that would help.

I also noticed that these aliens were not visible on the screen even though I was standing like 3 tiles away and got the alien warning icon. Once I hit them they would appear and die.

Irongamer please attach your save game!! :)

Can't seem to upload the file to forums, guess I could rename it have an image extension.

It can be located here: http://www.irongamer.net/blog/xenonauts/2012-02-09_11.18.35.sav

Edit. Ok, so zip files work. Attached to the forum as well.

[ATTACH]557[/ATTACH]

2012-02-09_11.18.35.zip

2012-02-09_11.18.35.zip

Edited by irongamer

For me it's not crashing :(

Haha, oh I remember these days. Used to develop web applications. I downloaded the file from my site to make sure I uploaded the correct file.

I tried the downloaded saved game a few more times. I would move the guy on lower side (closer to the gui) and move in. Sometimes I would get a reaction fire right as I stepped over the door (loading from a save game issue). Once reaction fire shows up I can only move the cursor around, no buttons function, clicking doesn't function, keyboard doesn't work for the game, and the game just sits there. I can still tab out, but I usually run the game in a window.

Sometimes the aliens would not get a reaction fire right as I step inside. At this point I would fire shots where I think they are (they are invisible) or run around until they got a reaction fire. Same thing, the game just hangs there.

The game hangs before the reaction fire shots go off. I just get the little box that says "reaction fire" and that is where everything stops.

The download of v9.0 did lose connection a number of times on Desura and then restarted where it left off. I'm wondering if I should download it again and see if that makes a difference. Although a number of others are having the same issue. Hmmmm

When you load the saved game do you have to open the door or can you walk through it?

Edited by irongamer

Mine seem to always happen when infiltrating a ship. So Try this save file, I made it right before infiltration.

Sav Game [ATTACH]618[/ATTACH]

My Reaction Fire Freeze Up.

Reaction Fire SS.jpg

The Game screen Freezes, but the Audio still plays (music anyway) and the mouse still moves. I had this happen last night, Alt Tabbed out of it, and it sat frozen for about 16 hours and when I opened it today it was still playing music and the mouse still moved. It Doesnot really Crash, Just Locks up the Video

2012-02-11_15.14.51.zip

Reaction Fire SS.jpg

2012-02-11_15.14.51.zip

577e7c853e887_ReactionFireSS.jpg.47b1cdc

I started a new game and this appears to be working for me. I'm excited I can fit in some time with the game this weekend after all!

It's possible I didn't get the full patch or something because verifying my game cache on Desura seemed to fix it.

Thanks very much!

Good idea. I'm going to run a file verification and give that map another try. I have not seen this behavior beyond that map on the same game. I have also not come across this issue with new games I have started.

Hello,

noticed twice with reaction-frozen... seems to be scout crash. I noted not frozen (yet) with corvettes. I noted Those aliens' reaction to froze is where alien is standing in the crash zone (where the dirt is already disturbed).

Have not encountered reaction-freeze from inside the ship (scouts). I am now in 'lone corvettes' encounters.

I restarted from a save (i usually save at beginning) and noted best solution is to "over-kill" those alien in the "R-F zone"

R

I've tried, but I couldn't reproduce it.

I've tried this so far: (If you have any advice please share it with me)

- Every kind of crash sites (with the basic equipment, and with advanced equipment)

- Loading save games you've attached and playing around on the ground combat, also playing further for next crash site

- Farmlands combat \ Industrial combat

- Running in front of every kind of alien (inside the UFO, on open fields, in houses)

- Playing around with the inventory

- Involving Save - Load

- Throwing grenades

- Standing in smoke

- Standing in fire at the end of the turn

- Standing in doors

- Standing at windows

- Standing on dead aliens \Xenonauts

- reaction fire damaged my soldier \ vehicle

- reaction fire killed my soldier \ vehicle

- Causing aliens to do multiple reaction fires (running in and out to UFOs \Houses)

Edit: It would be the best, if you would attach a save game with repro steps

Eg.:

1, Load the save game

2, Go to the house

3, Crash on reaction fire

I've loaded every save game I got from you (BIG THANKS for them) but no luck reproducing it. I'm trying to reproduce this issue for 4-5 hours but still nothing.

Edited by Matthew

I started a new game and this appears to be working for me. I'm excited I can fit in some time with the game this weekend after all!

It's possible I didn't get the full patch or something because verifying my game cache on Desura seemed to fix it.

Thanks very much!

Hmm, that reminds me.

When installing this version desura had a problem and crashed... I think I might try verifying and check if I have this bug again or not...