XNATS - Into Darkness V1

TacticalDragon

The latest stable build was just released and the game isn't even finished yet. It's too early to call out the community and devs for bad support when they aren't even done with the base game. Best bet is to wait until the release imo, you're asking for too much if you expect major support at this stage.

Hello ViewTP,

Thanks for reading, the propose of this mod is explorer all the capabilities of the system, that in my point of view is underused.

I only expect at least curiosity, the people even know how you can sweat during terror missions (You ever imagine my face when I see a terror site), deal with a reaper jumping between your soldiers trying to reap apart armors or deal with an alien base...

The mod challenge the player to use ALL the tool that game give you, cuz if you wait 3 seconds your landing ship will be surrounded by the worst nightmare.

I think at the contrary, exploiting the use of the system show to developers different ways to flavor a game that at this point turn to passive.

Keep watching ^^

Looks like an interesting mod that makes the game a lot more action-ey (jesus christ the EXPLOSIONS!), quite interesting and fun. I like the increased explosion radius for alien weapons or modified human explosives as I think it makes sense considering how wimpy the nades are in vanilla. I don't think the music is necessary though just for preference and copyright reasons, and it kinda makes it feel "cheesy/amateurish." I know you're trying to set an "epic" atmosphere but it feels 'forced.'

But aside from that it looks like a fun mod if you're looking for a new, crazier experience. You'll probably get more attention as the game is released, people play it, then get bored and go looking for a total conversion type dealio.

Edited by lifehole

I'm glad you'r interested, about the music I completely agree its only for personal taste.

Explosions in vanilla version are a shame... short range throwing weapons and little blast radius, most of the grenades only take 2 or 1 alien.

If you see the video of Alien Base Breach that fucking aliens don't even let me enter the second room... Alien bases make much much difficult in correlation of alien explosion upgrade.

Thanks for watching!

Uploaded CORE Basic Mod

Xnat V1.46 Balanced

Please read the mod steps before extract original V21 Experimental build.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhynkf4dey8b48m/Xnats%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20V1.46%20CORE%20Balanced.rar

Any comment will be welcome

Basic Tactics:

- Build supplementary base immediately

- Build labs in secondary base

- Main Base Focused on manufacture (The game has a bug where you can manufacture in other bases)

- First research MIGs and build 6 aircraft if priority.

- Second priority research Jackal armor (Research AlienPlasmaPistol, AlienPlasmaRifle, AlienPlasmaTech).

- The last priority research lasers (Research AlienPlasmaTech and AlienAlloys)

- Construct new living space and hire cheap soldiers for scouting

- Try to survive.

Edited by TacticalDragon

The videos of your mod are quite intriguing. Huge explosions, massive grenade damage radius, fires burning and bullets spraying everywhere. Open warfare! You sure are taking the combat experience up a notch!

I'd definitely like to try your mod, but as others have said, I'm sinking all my time into playtesting the constant updates that GH is churning out pre-final release. When that settles down I'm sure you'll see a spike of interest in what you're doing :cool:

Oh, yeah, that music's gotta go. I'd suggest sticking with futuristic synth space music like XCom, Xenonauts, etc

The videos of your mod are quite intriguing. Huge explosions, massive grenade damage radius, fires burning and bullets spraying everywhere. Open warfare! You sure are taking the combat experience up a notch!

I'd definitely like to try your mod, but as others have said, I'm sinking all my time into playtesting the constant updates that GH is churning out pre-final release. When that settles down I'm sure you'll see a spike of interest in what you're doing :cool:

Oh, yeah, that music's gotta go. I'd suggest sticking with futuristic synth space music like XCom, Xenonauts, etc

Thanks for watching! In technical terms I had change Alien stats and AI, to make the killer hunters. Alien weapons are far supperior in range, damage and speed. Other small detail is wounds, I setup a wrapon system where only few weapons kill at one shot, instead weapon bypass armor and deal a amount of damage that leave lot of wound damage. If you have a soldier heavy damage you can deplete about 2 medpack to stabilize the wounds. Yeah! You'r soldiers will fight even heavly damage but knowing that they will die.... or sacrifice some times (I find nice strategy hire bad rookies and use it with C4 as last sacrifice for the mission success).

Other hand the geospace and alien invasion dynamic is different and quiet aggressive. To counter this difficult handicaps I let that player can sell armor and weapons to goverments. The economy of the game consist in world (few monthly but great at start), manufacture and take crashed ufos. Win in this game is HARD but funny as hell.

I'm glad you like it, i'm looking for correct art and music. Even if people dont the the real attention I'll still working in HARD BULLY alien invasion for players that want challenge and action ( that is the propouse of war games, think, act and learn to lose).

Many thanks for your comments!!! ^^

Edited by TacticalDragon

There's two ways you can mod cover values:

1) In weapons.xml there is a variable right at the top called 'coverModifier'. This adjusts the cover values of all props in the game by a proportion. Presently it's set to 0.9, meaning that cover provides 90% of the protection the props actually have set (so a prop that normally provides 50% cover actually only provides 45%, for example). If you changed it to, say, 1.5, it would increase the value of cover by half (so cover that normally provides 50% would in fact provide 75% instead).

2) You can also set the values for individual props. To do this, however, you would have to change the values individually using the submap editor. There's no other way to do it, that I'm aware of, and doing so would be a lot of effort if you want to make a lot of changes. The option is there, however.

Xnats - Into Darkness Update V1.47 V22 Hotfix 1 compatible

New content included:

- New accuracy dynamics, Accuracy Stat gain importance and increase important effect of Cover in combat.

- New testing music and ornamentation.

- Speed of the game was improved.

- Introduced "Boss Fights" in some UFOS.

DOWNLOAD LINK 1: COMPLETE PACK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jip8nojn70u7kbh/XNATs%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20V1.47%20compatible%20V22H1.rar

DOWNLOAD LINK 2: CORE RULES ONLY PACK

Note: This download is for people that don't want to change the music and original arts of the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcgczhmj6psg2v0/XNATs%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20V1.47%20CORE%20V22H1.rar

PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ORIGINAL POST IN THE FIRST PAGE!

BEWARE: V22 has lot of "Crash to Desktop" issues.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Edited by TacticalDragon

TESTING AI AND BALANCE

ANDRON TERROR NIGHTMARE (Is possible in this mod beat with the current team, weapons and map)

[video=youtube_share;HdsecxqJy3k]

RECOMMENDED 720p HD

Brief:

My combat elite team try to reject terror mission in South Africa, loaded with aletium explosives they will fight the unknown.

Wolf armor is very hard to reach and manufacture but they can change the tide of battle. Even with my best armors and current weapons (near to reach plasma) aliens attack with their best armada.

Edited by TacticalDragon