The Lore+ project

Max_Caine

So.. I'm not quite certain I understand. Does it refuse to work with Xenonauts, or does it refuse to work with Excel? If it refuses to work with Excel, then I have no idea how to fix it, because I don't have Excel (and can't afford to buy it) to test the file on.

EDIT: TD: Did you? I don't remember seeing that message anywhere.

That's kind of "debugger "(It's not debugger at all) that has Excel.So when I tried to open xenopedia.xml from your

Lore+TestVersion1.7 with Excel I got that error message.As I said I can fix problem If you want.

@TD

Edit:I don't need copy of vanilla to fix this.I think I already know what problem is I just need to make sure.

Edited by Sentelin

Okay, with CE 0.24 around the corner, I'm not going to declare Lore+ a completed mod until I've revamped it for both vanilla and CE. agris had sent me a revamped version for 0.23 CE, but that's goign to have to go on hold as 0.24 will radically change how unlocks are triggered in Lore+. In the meanwhile, as there have been no further complaints about the test version of 1.07, I'll go ahead and update that... but after I have gone to bed and cleared my head. It's now 00:31 where I am and I'm so sleepy I keep making typos.

To answer your question, yes: here's the link.

Sorry guys, since I got off work yesterday, my right-hand shoulder has been in pain. It hurts a *lot* when I do things like use my mouse, and it's uncomfortable right now even when typing. I'm seeing a doctor about it tomorrow (god bless the NHS), but right now it's too painful for me to work on any mod where I'm going to be using my mouse and keyboard a lot for both coding and testing.

Sorry guys, since I got off work yesterday, my right-hand shoulder has been in pain. It hurts a *lot* when I do things like use my mouse, and it's uncomfortable right now even when typing. I'm seeing a doctor about it tomorrow (god bless the NHS), but right now it's too painful for me to work on any mod where I'm going to be using my mouse and keyboard a lot for both coding and testing.

I feel your pain!

Sounds like RSI (Repetitive Stress Injury) from too much mouse use. I've been waging a war against this scourge for nearly a decade. Things that help me:

• Moving the mouse to a central position in front of you instead of off to the right hand side. I use a number of notebooks and my mouse always sits between me and the notebook keyboard, that way I don't have to engage all the muscles in my shoulder just to grab the mouse and move it.

• Jack up the mouse/cursor sensitivity as high as it can go so you only really have to twitch the mouse to move it across the whole screen.

• Making sure my elbows are resting on something so my arms are relaxed and not constantly under mild strain.

• Doing shoulder and neck stretches before using the mouse for long periods of time (sounds ridiculous right? It's not like you're running a marathon. But trust me, it helps).

I find the above four things most useful, but the following might also help:

• Ibuprofen is your friend but don't take too much or you'll get stomach ulcers like me.

• Switch from using a mouse to using a touch-pad (easy to do if you use notebooks like me).

• Start mousing with your left hand (it takes getting used to and even after weeks of practice I'm only semi-productive when using it).

• Hot cold therapy works but I found it too time consuming, maybe do it only when you're really in pain.

Edited by BuzuBuzu

Can I ask for integrated version with FitH ? Or do I have to prod kabill?

I'll look at it on Saturday. (Although that might be the last version. I might see about converting everything to llunak's mod-compatibaliser after that instead as it will be less work).

Yeeesss... I have tomorrow off, so provided RL doesn't call I shall busy myself with updating mods and making new ones.

EDIT: It's easier if you don't keep updating the CE every 5 seconds! I can't keep up!

Edited by Max_Caine

No?

EDIT: Perhaps some explanation is in order. My job takes me around Kent. I work six days a week, in general, and the weekends are not sacred. Sometimes I'm in front of a computer, like now. Sometimes (more often than not) I'm out in the public eye, and the chances of getting near a computer are pretty slim. Sometimes there are long commutes. Sometimes short ones. Sometimes I work long hours, sometimes I work short ones. Quite often I can get to a computer, but I will only have limited access for a limited time. Over the last few weeks I have had a combination of low access, high commute, long working hours. So when I get to a computer on goes the forum mod hat and I check the general threads first to see if a mod is needed for anything. When I'm at home I've been engaged in detailled discussions with artists regarding forthcoming projects (seriously - it can take all night to talk over a point with an artist, then you talk over another point the next day!). I haven't had the time to do any actual modding at all, so I've paid less attention to the modding forums and more attention to everything else, because I have the forum mod hat on more often than not these days. Next week is going to be a combination of low commute, reasonable hours and zero access to a computer, so if I want to do anything, it has to wait until I get home.

Edited by Max_Caine

Okay, with CE 0.24 around the corner, I'm not going to declare Lore+ a completed mod until I've revamped it for both vanilla and CE. agris had sent me a revamped version for 0.23 CE, but that's goign to have to go on hold as 0.24 will radically change how unlocks are triggered in Lore+. In the meanwhile, as there have been no further complaints about the test version of 1.07, I'll go ahead and update that... but after I have gone to bed and cleared my head. It's now 00:31 where I am and I'm so sleepy I keep making typos.

Hello folks, i was going to start a new game, is it worth waiting to start a new game? or am i good to go now?

Edited by aZmoDen

Hi!

I'm new here.

First of all major props to the modder, this one looks fantastic, and the artwork is superb!

But i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong where?

Which one I should I get

Links

Lore+ Version 1.06

Lore+ v21 stable link <--- this is confusing

2.1 vs 1.06?

I've tried the 1.07 posted in previous link, loaded in through mod tools in launcher. But i'm not seeing anything new on the screen in ufopedia or missions?

*Ufopedia <--- shouldn't there be new artwork on new game?

*alien crashsite <--- no artwork for me

Tried a fresh new game (ironman). Is there a way to see if the mod is working directly on new game?

What i'm I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edited by greenfish

loaded in through mod tools in launcher

Don't use that, it won't work. I was going to write "follow the install instructions in the OP" but there aren't any. IIRC, you should simply unpack and copy the files contained in the mod into your Xenonauts/assets folder.

Right, got my arse in gear and I've now updated Lore+ for 1.08HF. Here's the link.. I am now going to go and update the OP and then I'll get back to you, greenfish.

EDIT: Hello greenfish, I've now placed instructions in the OP. All you have to do is copy and paste all the files and the directory into the /xenonauts/assets/ directory.

Edited by Max_Caine