The Lore+ project

Max_Caine

This is was I find...

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.HeavyDroneWreckage" );AddDamageBonus( "Heavydrone", 0 );</Data></Cell>

I started the game as v1.06 and Lore+ (v1.06) - then the game updated to v.107 and I reapplied Lore+ (v1.06). I dont know it that is what is causing the issue...

I think I've found your problem Frakel. You're using a version of Lore+ specifically written for 1.06 in 1.07. No wonder your game crashes, you are using files that are not specifically adjusted for 1.07. Alright, I was going to work on other mods today, but instead I'll crank out a 1.07 update.

For those people wondering why I haven't put out a 1.07 update already, that's because Chris was concerned about the stability of 1.07, and since release I'm done with writing mods for versions of Xenonauts which might crash the game, so I was waiting for it to come out on the stable branch before I did a 1.07 update.

The changes are all in the researches.xml file. They are:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.GroundAttackMission</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AlienCorvetteDatacore</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.GroundAttackMission" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.GroundAttackMission</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.BaseBuildMission</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">UFOs</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienBaseFacilities</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.BaseBuildMission" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.BaseBuildMission</Data></Cell>

</Row>

And

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.WraithClass</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Extraterrestrials</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.WraithOfficerCorpse(AND)Researches.WraithVivisection</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.WraithClass" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.WraithClass</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.HarridanClass</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.HarridanOfficerCorpse(AND)Researches.HarridanVivisection</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.HarridanClass" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.HarridanClass</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass1</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.SebillianSoldierCorpse</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.SebillianClass2" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass2</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass3</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.SebillianEliteCorpse(OR)Items.SebillianLeaderCorpse</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.SebillianClass3" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass3</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.CaesanClass2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.CaesanSoldierCorpse</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.CaesanClass2" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.CaesanClass4</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.CaesanEliteCorpse(OR)Items.CaesanLeaderCorpse</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.CaesanClass4" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.CaesanClass4</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronClass1</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AndronSoldierCorpse</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.AndronClass1" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronClass1</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronClass2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AndronOfficerCorpse</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.AndronClass2" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronClass2</Data></Cell>

</Row>

FYI I am doing a clean re-install to ensure that the files I alter for 1.07 are 1.07, which is why it isn't up yet.

I have done the search and this is what i found in the Research.xml

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.HeavyDroneWreckage" );

AddDamageBonus( "Heavydrone", 0 );</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.HeavyDroneWreckage</Data></Cell>

I started the game in v1.05, did a couple of missions and then i updated the game to 1.06 and added the Lore+ mod, then i continued to play the game with out any problems until i encountered the Heavy Drone in a mission, after the mission the Heavy Drone is automatically researched after a couple of days and when the research window pops up it is blank and it can only be closed with the ESC key, after which the game crashes, this is a bug from v1.05 but i had already updated the game long before i encountered the Heavy Drone so the bug should not occur according to the official forums. And the only thing that modifies the research is your mod, so I thought that maybe that it was the culprit, also I cant load the save without your mod, the game crashes, also with the new version of your mod the game also crashes when I try to load a save. So right now I cant continue my game, I can start a new one just fine, but honestly I'm kinda reluctant because if I do and the same bug occurs again thats another 4-5 days of waisted time.

Thanks.

Edited by chrys1989

The first 1.06 version I put out you can d/l from here Link. However I honestly don't understand how you're getting this bug, because looking at the Heavy Drone entry, that is the correct entry for the Heavy Drone and looking at the original version I put out, the Heavy Drone has the correct entry as well.

EDIT: The problem is at the moment I don't have ANY version of Xenonauts to look at, as I'm installing 1.07 to update Lore+ to 1.07. chrys, you still have 1.06 installed, right?

Edited by Max_Caine

If it helps at all, I've just checked the vanilla Researches file for 1.07. There's a very slight difference in the two entries, which I've highlighted underlined here (compare with the one posted above):

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.HeavyDroneWreckage" );[b][u][b][/b][/u][/b];AddDamageBonus( "Heavydrone", 0 );</Data></Cell>

I'm not sure why that would cause an issue, though. I'm fairly certain that's just going to be a line break or something in the file.

EDIT: No matter, then.

Edited by kabill

Hello!

I've been enjoying the works of yours. It was great. :)

However, I do have some suggestions for writing style about articles on alien class analysis, for example:

[...]

Guard. We have dubbed the camo-green Andon (misspelled) "guard"-class due to their fairly predictable behaviour patterns and their protective attitude towards other aliens. It is is the most commonly reported model on the field. Generally equipped with a plasma rifle but also seen with heavier weapons, this class of Andron is a terror to common soldiers and should be approached with care by any trooper only armed with a rifle.

Soldier. Larger, more imposing and better armoured than the guard-class, the navy blue solider class Andron exclusively carries heavy weapons, especially the heavy plasma gun. The shorter range of the heavy plasma gun means it must get closer to be in optimal range, but that suits the Androns style of attack.

I really don't like the red ones above. Xenopedia is the doctor speaking to you, so those sentences are unnecessary. Or, we can change those to speaking style:

Guards are their last line of defense. We have dubbed the camo-green Andron [...]

Soldiers, however, are larger, more imposing and better armoured[...]

...and so on with other races.

Besides, I were trying to open the xenopedia.xml by excel for editing but it says: File is corrupted, cannot open. What should I do? I would like to add articles on advanced aerial weapons from here. Also, what about the strings.xml file? I want to combine with this mod, but I'm afraid two string.xml files would cause conflict

(I'm reading this but it doesn't help).

Edited by greatergood45

My eyes, my hands, careful positioning of blocks of data so that all my edits are at the start of the file and feedback from people whose actual job is coding and programming. :)

EDIT: So.. before I carefully go through each entry looking for incorrect unlocks, is there anything else I've missed?

EDIT 2: Okay, I've just been through researches.xml and looked at every UnlockManufacture entry. They all refer to Mantech items - i.e. things that are actually manufactured, so I'm confused - where are the incorrect UnlockManufacture entries?

EDIT 3: greatergood, I have to make a specific entry at the top of the file so it will run in excel. Once I'm sure that haven't missed anything, I'll make the alteration.

Edited by Max_Caine

Also, on that XML line that greatergood45 quoted, you've got a double "is" and a typo.

I don't know why your XML files spit errors in excel 2010 (also for me), but I can edit them fine in ConTEXT. Here's the updated version of your xenopedia.xml with the Andron typo fixed, greatergood45's corrections and my (small) correction of a run-on sentence and typo (hover -> however). The run-on and typo fixes are also on line 359.

[ATTACH]4725[/ATTACH]

EDIT: the UnlockManufacture conflicts were likely do the other mods modifications of that line. Ignore that part of my feedback.

EDIT2: your text encoding might be what's spitting errors in excel. One of your line's " 's " on Andron comes across as "Androns’" in ConTEXT.

xenopedia1.zip

xenopedia1.zip

xenopedia1.zip

Edited by agris

There is a problem.I can look into it If you want when I get time tomorrow but this is the error (we have Lore + compatible with XNT:ID so you can compare our xenopedia.xml with yours and applied them)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4724[/ATTACH]

I already offer to build a pure Lore+ compatible with all versions but Im waiting Max confirmation :D!

It only took me minutes! did you want to do it sentelin?