The Lore+ project

Max_Caine

Thanks Tascruel. To answer your question, I haven't made any adjustments to aliens whatsoever. The three primary files involved in Lore+ are researches, strings and xenopedia. Of the three, only researches could make any difference as certain research topics add a bonus damage % to any damage you do to aliens, but I haven't touched those. The primary file for altering alien stats is aiprops, and alien weapons are defined in weapons_gc.xml.

Thanks Max for answering. I will prolly start lore+ LP on next patch.

Not sure if this works, i have gotten 4 or 5 completely black popups up from the Xenopedia.

Actually, never mind, working now, somehow the files had gotten overwritten. Shouldnt the files just be copied into "steamapps\common\Xenonauts\assets"?

Edited by JamTheDane

As a standalone, it should work with 1.03, but there won't be the edits to the Xenopedia. I should go and fix that - I will go and fix that and put up an updated version after I'm more sober. (So some time tomorrow).

EDIT: I have clearly drunk too much. Yes, the files should be copied into the ..\Xenonauts\assets\ directory.

Edited by Max_Caine

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, I'll update it either tonight or tomorrow. I've been meaning to do this, just gotta sit down and actually DO it.

EDIT: As soon as 1.06 is available and d/l'd on my compy, I'll update, as it changes one of the research-related xml files.

Edited by Max_Caine

Well, that's odd. My launcher still says 1.05HF. I've tried all the options I can think of to force an update on Steam... so... I dunno what's going on there.

EDIT: nvm, should have tried the beta section and switched it to experimental. Will update some time tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

Well, that's odd. My launcher still says 1.05HF. I've tried all the options I can think of to force an update on Steam... so... I dunno what's going on there.

EDIT: nvm, should have tried the beta section and switched it to experimental. Will update some time tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

The game is updated but the launcher is not. I notice this too.

I'm away from my home cmputer at the moment, so no update yet.. However, Henry should be hopefully finishing a little side project for me soon, and if he's free I'm thinking of adding a new article to Lore+ - to actually make it more than the ACA and the UMA, y'know? I've been considering what has already been talked about here and thinking about Lemm's suggestion. Is there any topic that people would like to see fanonised in particular? (Bear in mind this is totes dependant on Henry being free).

Edited by Max_Caine

Maybe an article on alien psionic powers, I don't feel they are explained very well in the base game (I still have no idea which powers require LOS, who has what powers, etc) and you would think that the proven existance of psionics would be a bigger news, I thinks its mentioned briefly in the caesan and praetor autopsies and that's it

Maybe an article on alien psionic powers, I don't feel they are explained very well in the base game (I still have no idea which powers require LOS, who has what powers, etc) and you would think that the proven existance of psionics would be a bigger news, I thinks its mentioned briefly in the caesan and praetor autopsies and that's it

I vote for psionic powers and for starter ballistic weapons.

Alright, psychic powers it is. I'll be using the descriptions from the last update to mention psychic powers to determine if they are LOS, squadsight etc. and bear in mind it's going to be fairly vague, but I will separate each power into its own paragraph.

No, Lore+ items are not retrospective.

HOWEVER.

Lore+ is dependant on very common items - corpses and datacores. You will loose out on UFO mission types as time progresses, because new UFO types replace old UFO types. However alien corpses are very common, and provided you kill:

A Sebillian and Caesan noncom.

A Sebillian and Caesan guard

A Psion

An Andron guard

One of anything else (one Wraith of any class, one Andron of any other class, one Sebillian of any other class etc.)

You will get all the Alien Class Analysis entries.

If you tell me how far in the game you've got, what I'll do is make a special "Press Start To Continue" Lore+ which will pick up from where you started. It shouldn't take too long (but I am not in front of my home computer, so you will have to wait until I get there).

Edited by Max_Caine

I'm actually on holiday now, so can't play atm, wasn't that far as I just restarted after my Iron Man run went sour. When I get back I'll just install it and see what I get. On the next play through with more mods I'll look out for the entries I missed.