The Lore+ project

Max_Caine

I take it you downloaded the combo. I'll go and take a look.

EDIT: I know why. The dimensions of the ACA are too big. That's easy fixed.

EDIT 2: ARGH! All the dimensions of the ACA images are too big!

EDIT 3: All the ACA images in all the updates are too big! How the hell did that happen? Never mind. I'll fix it after I've had some sleep, and post an update.

Edited by Max_Caine

Yerp, downloaded lore+, images are in 'xenopedia images' folder, but not appearing ingame. Everything else (besides class analysis, methinks? I have just started using the mod, will report anything else not working, but guessing it's the class analysis portion only.) works fine. Not sure if the ####'s in auto-researched greyed out techs are supposed to be there in v21 stable or not but whatever.

edit:

I take it you downloaded the combo. I'll go and take a look.

EDIT: I know why. The dimensions of the ACA are too big. That's easy fixed.

EDIT 2: ARGH! All the dimensions of the ACA images are too big!

EDIT 3: All the ACA images in all the updates are too big! How the hell did that happen? Never mind. I'll fix it after I've had some sleep, and post an update.

Alright, great. Thanks, good work on the mod.

Edited by lifehole

That's because that particular image is properly sized (if you check the folder, that's the only one sized!). I've just resized the images, now I'm going to repack everything.

EDIT: lifehole, the v21 files have now been repacked and updated, check the link in the OP. The mod has been updated with the v21 stable files - don't worry, it won't kill your saves.

Edited by Max_Caine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm working on it! I've just got home from work with Version 1.0 released while I was at work and I'm making some significant edits to the files before I commit to a Version 1.0 release. I will be working on it most of the night and hope to have it done by the early hours of Sunday.

I'd like to expand on this mod by looking at other aspects of Xenonauts lore that could be fanonised.

What about artifacts or rooms from the alien bases? Maybe you could do a Xenopedia entry for Caesan, Andron, and Sebellian bases.

EDIT: And alien grenades, as well?

Edited by lemm

Okay, the changes are done but guess what, I've so heavily modded my current version of Xeno that I'm having to re-install it so I have clean strings, researches and xenopedia files which I can make the additions. I'm at 50% so far....

Double post just because.

IT'S DONE. THANK GOD.

Enjoy.

At least until v1.1 comes out, anyway.

Link in OP.

EDIT: Lemm, your suggestions are intriguing and I will take a look into it, once I've wrapped up other stuff (the alien grenades take priority ATM).

Edited by Max_Caine

Don't forget to thank a333 and H.Ponciano, without whom this would be no more than a bunch of text!

You know I will!

If A333 has deviantart page or anything you want me to add a link, leave me a message, thanks!

I am going to start the game, now..

Little Problem

Guys, I must have been more tired than I thought, as I've discovered 2 little problems with the researches.xml file. It won't affect the mod overall, but it will affect 2 research topics. I'm uploading a new zip with a corrected file right now. If you want to adjust your own file, you need to adjust 1 thing and delete one thing. The first thing you need to adjust is SebillianClass2. Change the highlighted 2 to a 1.

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Extraterrestrials</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.SebillianGuardCorpse(AND)Researches.SebillianClass2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.SebillianClass2" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.SebillianClass2</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Otherwise the "Sebillian Class Analysis" will never open.

Secondly, there's a malformed OR statement in the Andron section. Simply delete the highlighted OR.

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="51">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronClass2</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Extraterrestrials</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AndronWarriorCorpse(OR)Items.AndronEliteCorpse(OR)Items.AndronOfficerCorpse(OR)</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s72"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.AndronClass2" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronClass2</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Or this may not run properly.

As I said, this won't affect the game otherwise. The research topics depend on corpses and crashes rather than live subjects. Corpses and crashes are the most common things you can find in the game, so you will get what you need.

EDIT: Okay, new zips' finished uploading.

Edited by Max_Caine

I had some problems of aliens shooting through walls and being impossible to shoot at.

I had to take the mod off for now just to make sure the bugs I report wont involve the mod.

Aliens have been lately one-shot wonders and cheating! I am talking about the v1.0

A question I had in mind, did you Max have some modded values in you lore+ files for aliens?

Just wondering cause I lately watched your flying circus videos ^_^

Anyway, I stopped recording a LP entirely and started hunting bugs hoping to capture some for devs.

Here is my clip of alien that cannot be targetted:

http://youtu.be/0uyDOA-hcS4

Thanks Tascruel. To answer your question, I haven't made any adjustments to aliens whatsoever. The three primary files involved in Lore+ are researches, strings and xenopedia. Of the three, only researches could make any difference as certain research topics add a bonus damage % to any damage you do to aliens, but I haven't touched those. The primary file for altering alien stats is aiprops, and alien weapons are defined in weapons_gc.xml.