Skitso's Desert map collection

Skitso

Updated the map collection to work with the new tile folder structure change in the latest patch.

Chris has managed to break few of the official Skitso maps in the game in the latest update, so downloading this helps in that problem too. All my map collections are made so you can overwrite everything in the game.

Edited by Skitso

The official versions have only scout/corvette versions and only some of these maps. I suggest you to download and install these map collection packs to have all levels and to experience them how I originally envisioned them.

Edited by Skitso

The problem is that i never saw any of your maps, not with scout, corvette or other. But they are presents in asset/maps.

I can second that, having played through (and beyond) scouts and corvettes several times. Wish I could see them, because the game def needs more maps, and your gas station and refinery and checkpoint look really cool

Yeah, from my map packs, there should be 3 desert maps and 3 farm maps in the game atm. Most of them are modified to be almost unrecognizeable though. If the map files are found in the map directories they should be automatically in the random pool...

Can't say whats the problem then...?

Edited by Skitso

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the map collection. Most maps have been heavily modified and polished so I highly recommend everyone who has already used these to redownload. I've also added one completely new map (desert facility) to the collection. These files can be copied to overwrite the levels that have been officially added to the game by Goldhawk.

EDIT: added new pictures to OP

Edited by Skitso

Don't know whether this is intentional, but the maps default to overwriting the maps of yours that have been included in the main game. I don't know how different they are now from those, but if they're different enough would it be worth changing the names?

Cool, I wasn't sure how much you'd changed in the new revision is all.

For what it's worth - having views them in the map editor - I do really like the aesthetic of these maps. I've not had the chance to play them unfortunately (save for the refinery one I already commented on ages ago), so I can't really be of any more use than that I'm afraid. But from just casting an eye over them, I like how they look.

(I'm also looking to raid them, as per your offer. I especially like the gatehouse bit on the checkpoint map, but sadly it wasn't quite the right size so I built a few smaller versions instead. They're not as good, but they'll do.)