Ufo Interiors

Well I was going to start a thread to praise the wonderful work Aaron has done with the new ufo and base interiors but then I thought the dev might think I might be trolling them with useless wording, so here is a small issue I nitpicked that's been at the back of my mind a while:

Has it occured to anyone else that we might be entering the Corvette from the barrel of its "forward firing heavy plasma cannon" as the xenopedia image and text bring into the mind ? Here's what I mean:

Screen03x.jpg

Add it that the barrel leads right into the bridge:

Screen04.jpg

That aside, the new interiors are just so great. Even the smaller ships now feel like real cockpits, man the corvette bridge is so bridgelike now with the commanders seat and all. I just can't wait to get to the larger ships really. Also seeing as how good the new production is, one can't keep but wonder just how better this might get in the next release of interior work.

Screen03x.jpg

Screen04.jpg

Screen03x.thumb.jpg.be1b8a977e2a32870b02

Screen04.thumb.jpg.e831cddb5cdd972633eff

Yup, Aaron's done a great job with these interiors. They make a big difference to the sense of achievement when you crack one open.

The Corvette design is a funny one - I've always thought the central bit looked like an obvious entry point, but a lot of people take one look at the design and assume it's the engine. I've repeatedly had artists send me paintings with Corvettes flying backwards in them.

Holy.Death - you can't zoom the view in, but the game displays more tiles on a screen at higher resolutions. I guess if you play at a lower resolution on a larger screen, everything will look larger in the ground combat?

Yea, new interiors are a huge improvement. Only the light scout is a bit lacking I think. Maybe try a bit more symmetrical layout?

Exteriors are also beautiful art but it's a shame they are not visible when entered in the ufo. Could we have a kind of cut through of the exterior art when inside a ufo? I mean the same exterior art we have now but with transparent center part so the interiors are visible?

A quick google image search for what I'm proposing: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BGHEk0nvvyo/T_wCWn1ierI/AAAAAAAAC-A/garKTkR8JvE/s1600/cutaway2.jpg

Edited by Skitso

Holy.Death - you can't zoom the view in, but the game displays more tiles on a screen at higher resolutions. I guess if you play at a lower resolution on a larger screen, everything will look larger in the ground combat?

It worked and look wonderful in the ground combat with overall resolution being only a bit lower than before so that's not a problem at all. Thank you very much.