[V20 Steam Ground Combat] Walk through stairs instead of up them

Hello, first time posting on these forums in the hopes of improving a wonderful game. Thanks for being inspired by X-COM and making a much better game than X-COM's re-release.

I just encountered a bug when trying to go up some stairs where my character walked INTO the stairs rather than up them. The second floor was inaccessible and my character ended up standing inside the wall that the upstairs landing was above (the tile behind the stairs). He could walk back out again, but this means he can't go upstairs.

I tried changing to the second floor and pathfinding up there, but it didn't do anything. It didn't act like the stairs were stairs. I also noticed in a subsequent mission that a few of my troops could walk into the rock outcroppings of the desert village. Not all my troops could, and it still blocked line of sight.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed some Civilians and local forces doing the same with the stairs. I was on a middle eastern map in a building made of beige stone, where the stairs are in the upper right corner of the house. I notice this during the hidden movement.

I also notice that on a military base map where there's a class room of sorts, if I walk through the door straight to the other room targeting the middle of the room, there's a high change that my soldier will get stuck on the desk inside the other room. :) If I open the door first then enter, this does not happen.

Kinda like he went barging in and tumble of the desk getting his gear stuck in a knot. :D

It's just like Skitso wrote. I also noted today on a Industrial map for the Carrier type ship. A Ceasan ran right through the stairs in the south-most building (bottom, right corner) next to the road. He came through the door, normally, turned left, and hid inside the stairs.

[Edit:] I would take the save, but the game crashed not soon after and I had to redo this part. He didn't repeat the pattern.

To play in windowed you have to select a resolution smaller than your desktop in both directions.

Mine plays in a window using 1600x900 for example on my 1680x1050 desktop but anything bigger will default to full screen.

If you play through steam the overlay should allow you to take full screen screenshots, I think it is f12 by default.

Apparently other methods are unreliable in full screen although they work fine in windowed.

I forgot to say, but I'm using the mac version. I wonder if Cmd + Shift + 3 would work, I'll try later on today. I remember very early on, I had issues with taking screenshots in full screen, but being able to do so in windowed mode.

And, maybe that's why it's defaulting to full screen, I'm playing at full resolution 1080p.