Does anyone know where the /town/ground/ tiles are?

Max_Caine

I'm in the process of making desert and farm roadside petrol/gas station submaps, which means mass copying of assets into the appropriate folder. I've unpacked the tiles archive and I notice the /town/ground/ folders are empty, which is a pain in the bum. What have I missed?

EDIT: Eh, don't worry. Turns out I so happen to have a copy of 18.3 with all the tiles/spectres I'm missing.

Edited by Max_Caine

I have of course unpacked the tiles archive already and made many maps. I'm just corcerned that if I make mixed tileset submaps, they won't work in the final game after Chris has made the final compression as he said in [this thread]

Making submaps is pretty time consuming process, so I'd like to make them perfect right from the start. Also, I'd like them to be GH standard and to be playable in the final game by all the players without problems...

Edited by Skitso

Yeah, so you need to copy the files across the the correct directory. If you want to use the Farm concrete ground tiles in the Industrial tileset, you need to copy the required files across from /tiles/Farm/ground/ to /tiles/industrial/ground/ and then use the correct ones in the map you're making.

It leads to duplication but ultimately the file archiving means that it's not too bad a side effect.

You have to press Rescan Resources if you've moved them since you started up the editor, and check the paths inside the spectre have been updated (mass edit using Notepad++ for lots of files)...or just copy the images and create the spectres from scratch if not.