why no land mines

I was really meaning that the game should have balance to it. So, for every request we have to add device X to the game for the Xenonauts, it makes sense to point out that the aliens should have a comparable device Y to balance things out. Hence, walking around in their mine fields.

You're right though, you can always forget where you put your own mines for comic and tragic outcomes. I imagine, that there would be enough squealing that the devs would have to add something to remind you though, should such a thing ever be implemented.

A further point is that a lot of the game focuses on the combat abilities of the soldiers. Having mines detracts from this a bit, as would support weapons. Having said that, there are the tanks...

Mines are generally a defensive area denial weapon while Xenonauts troops are normally on the offensive.

The only situation in the game where mines may be justified would be for defending your own base and even then only for the perimeter which is not shown in the game anyway.

When assaulting an enemy position the use of land mines doesn't seem warranted.

Mines are generally a defensive area denial weapon while Xenonauts troops are normally on the offensive.

The only situation in the game where mines may be justified would be for defending your own base and even then only for the perimeter which is not shown in the game anyway.

When assaulting an enemy position the use of land mines doesn't seem warranted.

This, i would rather use grenades or rockets than mines