New Purchase Torrent??

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the resurrect, but my question relates. I bought the game through Humble store, and didn't want to install Steam (nor do I have an account), so I chose to download it from Humble via bittorrent. (it works perfectly fine now btw)

I've been playing with the game since then, however, I have no clue how to apply the patches that came out since V1.0 launched. On the download link I have received from Humble I can still only download the V1 version.

I really dont want to install Steam, can I somehow avoid that and still get the updates?

I'm having almost the exact same problem, except that even though I have Steam, the Mac version is not on there yet, so I seem to be stuck with a game that I can't patch. I just emailed HumbleBundle and I'm hoping they can help. The last Mac version they list is from June 7, but when I start the game, the date says the build is from May 31. I'm hoping Steam picks up the Mac version soon so I don't have to worry about this sort of thing.

You won't get any updates. AFAIK the Humble Store and Desura get "stable" builds, i.e. builds that don't crash half as much as the Steam builds do. However they don't come as frequently as the Steam builds do and I don't believe that GH intends to update the Desura/Humble builds before the offical launch day, which is next Monday.

That's working as intended - the Humble Store doesn't have an auto-updater or automatic authorisation of builds, so it gets the builds after Steam. Also, porting builds takes time to do - it's not a one-click process for us like it is with newer engines.

The Humble Store will be fully updated for Monday (including Mac / Linux builds), which is the official release of the game. It's fine if you don't want to use Steam, but Steam is the only viable way to do rapid development so if you choose not to use it you'll unfortunately need to wait a little longer than normal for the updates.

Thanks for the reply! You've put my mind at ease. I'm not too bothered with getting the updates a little late, I just thought that there is a method I don't know of, using which I should have already been able to apply the patches. :)

If eventually the updates will make it to Humble, that's 100% fine with me.

Thx!