do stunned aliens count towards stat increase.

... exp? all the stats work on individual basis depending on what actions you perform. so if you lob a stun grenade towards an alien instead of shooting it you lose out on some progress for gun accuracy yes.

But you don't get a set ammount of exp for killing an alien. infact the more you shoot at it the more likely your soldier will be to increase his accuracy stat.

Soldiers have to meet certain requirements to get a skillup in each stat. You can only get one per mission.

APs: use 150 APs in a mission.

STR: move one square while carrying 80%+ of the unit's maximum carry weight.

ACC: shoot at an enemy once. The enemy has to be within 150% of the weapon's range (usually not an issue with an assault rifle, sniper or LMG). You don't need line of sight to the target.

REF: In v20, if a soldier undergoes a reaction fire test he'll get a point, whether he successfully reaction fires or not. I don't know for sure how this works in v21 experimental and the much better initiative system. I'm guessing there a soldier gets a point for reaction firing.

BRV: Gained if a soldier panics in battle.

HP: One point gained for every four skillups of other stats. This is remembered between fights, so if a soldier gets +1 AP and +1 STR one battle, and +1 AP and +1 ACC the next, he'll also get +1 HP after the second battle.

is that for a +1 to those stats or a point towards leveling up those stats?

Str and acc sounds too easy tbh.. egven if it is maxxed out at 1 point per battle.

It's a +1 to the stat. Shoot at an alien and you'll (usually) get +1 ACC at the end of the battle. I prefer it this way to the X-Com system, where you could end up doing training on the battlefield to get skill-ups. I really don't want to worry about how many times my soldiers have shot at an enemy on a mission like I did in earlier version of Xenonauts. Experience should come as a result of playing the game, and not some kind of minigame where units run laps around the chinook or spend three turns firing at aliens they can't see or hope to hit.

Stunned? Stunned!? :mad: Son, we don't "stun" aliens in this organisation.

One thing I do miss about ground combat giving both funding boosts and loot money is being able to get bonus points for stunning aliens instead of killing them. Completing scout missions by stunning every single alien and being rewarded for it was kinda cool, like getting style points. "Stick with the prod." - Paul Denton, Deus Ex.

Edited by Ol' Stinky

Yeah, the old XCOM way of ACC increase (hit alien 2-3 times in a mission) seem to be better, especially since it is easier to select >60 ACC soldier from the randomized rookie stat :P

Chris wanted a different system because the one you mention makes accuracy increase faster the more accurate your soldier is.

The more accurate you are the more you hit, the more you hit the more accurate you get.

Troops with lower accuracy hit less so take longer to increase their accuracy.

Logically you would think it would either increase faster for lower accuracy troops or be the same for everyone.

The current system makes it the same for everyone, with a little variation between weapon types depending on range.

It isn't ideal but it is quite a simple system that doesn't overly reward odd behaviour purely to gain skill increases.