My main menu flashes repeatedly; I can't do anything

I do meet the systems requirements for this Xenonauts. However, when I started the game, the main menu flashed with a black screen lasting several seconds. I cannot play the game like this. My system is Windows 7, and I have 2 GB RAM. I also restarted Steam, and it did not solve the problem. I also waited a couple minutes, it didn't work. I ran Xenonauts in a window, and not in a window. Nothing is working! My version is v20 Hotfix. I also uploaded a video on youtube to elaborate. Here's the link:

If the video is not working, just use your imagination. :(

Just curious if you could click on a new game to start one up (between flashes) in case the issue is limited to the menu screen or if it continues past that point.

Couple of the obvious things that should probably get mentioned anyway:

If you use the steam version have you tried verifying the files through steam?

Do you have your latest graphics card driver installed?

Incidentally you were running at 1024x768, is that your desktop resolution?

Have you tried running at any other resolution?

The available options are picked up from your graphics card driver so I don't know what you would have available.

Edited by Gauddlike

Can you run it in a smaller resolution, maybe use windowed mode as well.

Remember that the resolution needs to be smaller than your desktop resolution in both directions for the Xenonauts engine to allow windowed mode to work.

From the video it looks like the resolution keeps changing but I can't see why that would be the case.

Can you do anything else in the game once it runs, like going into the base screens or brining up the escape menu?

Do they have any impact on the flashing?