V21 Ex4 Balance Requests

Chris

Im in medium difficulty quite late in the campaign i don't find the ground combat fun anymore due to plasma cannon spam, cover does not matter anymore as it is wiped out by one shot that can miss by 2 or 3 tiles from somewhere across the map. Then there is the stun and suppressing aoe value of the weapon. I don't mind seeing some enemies using it in a andron terror mission but about half of them using it is getting tedious. Did i mention how much i love seeing enemies shoot it twice in one round?

I thought the bug where aliens could shoot it twice in one round was fixed?

Also, plasma cannon is a heavy squad support weapon... It should NOT be standard issue, even lategame. If what you are saying is true it needs to be fixed.

There's no bug with the pcannon. It costs 30 AP to fire a snap, so Warriors/Elites from most races can fire it 2-3 times depending if they moved or not. Pcannons are currently listed as weapons for support-class Warriors (across races) and as a possible selection for standard Elites (across races) so late game where Elites and Warriors are both featured (Carriers/Battleships/Large bases) it's possible to have pcannon spam depending on the RNG.

There's no bug with the pcannon. It costs 30 AP to fire a snap, so Warriors/Elites from most races can fire it 2-3 times depending if they moved or not. Pcannons are currently listed as weapons for support-class Warriors (across races) and as a possible selection for standard Elites (across races) so late game where Elites and Warriors are both featured (Carriers/Battleships/Large bases) it's possible to have pcannon spam depending on the RNG.

I distinctly remember patch notes saying the plasma cannon was fixed so that it could not be fired more than once in a turn. Maybe my memory is incorrect.

This is one thing that is more easily fixed using the percentage based weapon costs of the latest experimental patch.

You have a very good idea of how many shots it is possible to fire so balancing a weapon should be easier.

You don't have to balance the lowest AP alien who can only fire it once whilst also trying to balance the highest AP alien who can fire it three or more times.

I got 2 problems.

1st. Way to many Plasma cannons in the later part of the game. They even are doing suicide runs. Basically they run up to me and fire the plasma cannon from point blank range.

I think you should change the plasma cannon in to something more fearful now it's more of a annoyance. I had a Terror mission yesterday with 3 Tanks that did nothing (witch have to be fixed too) and 10 Plasma cannon guys, no joke.

2nd sometimes when I fire at enemies they get hit but don't take any damage ore when you know the guys should get hit. Same problem is with my guys sometimes they survived 2x point blank Plasma cannon hits.

Also on the geoscape sometimes I have the feeling that there just to match UFO's flying around. I just finished researching the Maurader and I got like 5 battleships on my screen and that's only in Africa.

Edited by Doomsdayman