You are killing me....

xman0

I LOVE this game! I played the original X-Coms, the spin-offs, UFO:AI, and, this is a great, worthy successor to the series! The features, balance, and, gameplay are fine. The use of a traditional style coupled with modern advances has made for a classic adventure.

We all understand that the game is in a heavy development mode - we all *appreciate* the efforts. Beta building is a fun, wild, chaotic time. The last thing we want is any crimp on creativity. Please keep the new versions coming!

While early game play is one of my favorite parts of the game, the irony is killing me. I only have a limited amount of time to enjoy the game. It seems that each new version is not compatible with the save games from the prior - I am, it seems, constantly being sent back into a new game each time.

Would it be difficult to convert old-to-new save games? While the story will be different with the final version of the game, for now, I can't really get past the early stages of the invasion because everything is rendered moot every few weeks. Well, back to ballistic rifles....

Are you on the Experimental Branch? The whole point of the Experimental Branch is to be seeing all the cutting edge stuff; the downside is that you'll often encounter bugs, and the rapid release cycle does break saves. If you want to play a longer game go to the Stable branch instead; that's what it's there for.

Hmm. If you turn off auto updates, but there is an update waiting: Doesn't Steam disallow to play the game? IIRC it refuses to play until you made the update. Or am I wrong here..?

If it does just start the game from the .exe in the steam folder. It can't prevent you from running it there.