Question about game release + a bonus question

Cane

So I'm about to pre order xenonauts, been waiting for a new "X-com" for a long time and this one looks just like it. However I have one question, when can we expect the game to be released? I know it's a difficult one to answer but can we expect it this year at least?

Also will see more kinds of vehicles, weapons and armors than in the original X-com? Great game as it may be but having 3 types of weapon ( laser, plasma, ballistic) was kind of boring in the long run.

Thanks in advance for the time spent reading and answering my two questions

1. The release will surely be this year but we're not sure when. A summer release is almost surely out of the question. The Fall period seems most likely unless things get delayed or Chris decides that a Christmas release is better from a financial angle.

2. There's supposed to be a 4th weapon tier after plasma but it's a bit of a secret so we probably won't know what it is before release. As you saw Xenonauts has more weapon types compared to X-Com (shotgun, sniper, flamethrower, combat shield...) so it should hold up better in the long run.

Not really sure about vehicles, only one has been revealed so far afaik. Instead of having a rocket tank, gun tank, laser tank, etc. Xenonauts will have vehicle chassis upon which you can install whichever weapon you have available (you can exchange it later on). This will give the appearance of there being less vehicles though that's not really true. I expect there will be at least the same amount of vehicles we saw in X-Com if not more (which is likely I think).

I decided to not make new thread, so i will post it here.

First at all Hello to everyone and special to developers!

I watched almost all your alpha progress on YT, and i am amazed how close to the final product it is. I looks very very promissing, and i will buy it for sure.

However, oryginal battlescape music was a lot lot better, a way more scarry and it should be scarry, especially on night missions. New music is hmm just boring.

And one more thing: I hope Cryssalids will back!!

However, oryginal battlescape music was a lot lot better, a way more scarry and it should be scarry, especially on night missions. New music is hmm just boring.

I'm quite sure both musical pieces will be included in the final version.

Here's a thread dedicated to the game's soundtrack.

And one more thing: I hope Cryssalids will back!!

They will not be called Chryssalids, but an alien race heavily inspired by them will make an appearance.

6 months sounds nice anything in 2012 would be nice though. So we can expect a weapon after plasma? Also will there be more than 3 armors in the game? More than 3 airplanes?

Basically I just want to know if this will be a new "x-com" but with more or if it will just be a "x-com" remake. I mean If I want X-com and nothing more I would just play that once more

There are 4 researchable tech tiers, not including alien weaponry.

Alien gear can be picked up and used in combat missions (with accuracy penalties) but is otherwise not usable.

Humans develop their own versions of alien tech instead.

Each tech tier also has more weapon types available (pistol, assault rifle, precision rifle, SMG etc)

Each tier also has its own air and ground vehicle weapon systems.

There will also be flamethrowers and rocket launchers but no heavy/ auto cannon.

There are different types of armour planned to fulfil different roles instead of just upgrades to make them tougher.

For example a scout armour with jump ability or tough breaching armour.

There are also more researchable human craft than in the original, both aircraft and ground vehicles.

Ground vehicles will also have the option to select the weapon type they use in battle rather than a single built in weapon.

Hope that helps clear it up a little for you..

I just realized I had one more question :P Is there plans to keep updating the game after release with new content? As in new aliens, research, buildings and so on? Could be for free could be expansions, just asking if the game will keep improving after release instead of just being bug fixed

Release is hopefully before the new Firaxis game comes out. I think they'll be out in the next 8 months, so ideally we'll be out in the next 6 months.

Well to be honest firaxis official "enemy uknown" looks also very promising, but your game seems to be a way closer to the oryginal game, and i think its crucial.