Medikit useage

Nagumo

Hi anyone,

i have a small suggestion which maybe solve other problems too. Yesterday i played my first little tryout session and became really frustrated because of the difficulty to use a medikit on one of my soldiers which stood right above a line of trees.

After putting the medikit in one of the "healers" hands, rightklicking it to use it on the wounded soldier, the targetpointer was preferring the line of trees everytime i target him. Only a really small area depends on the wounded one.

Would be nice to force the pointer on soldiers/aliens for such actions, like holding down strg while targeting figures in the game. On the other side the pointer could prefer environment (grenades exp) if you don't hold strg.

An aiming help for the selection of soldiers that are fully or partly behind an other object would be really good.

Although the object becomes partly transparent - trees, walls, railroad wagons, dropship etc. - the aiming cross cannot always lock onto that soldier.

Most annoying thing for me is, when you want to heal a soldier who is crouched next to a wall or a tall box and thus he is nearly totally hidden. Now either the aiming cross has only some small pixel area to lock on or nothing at all. At walls the soldier has to stand up otherwise targetting is not possible and I heal the wall *sigh*.

At walls the soldier has to stand up otherwise targetting is not possible and I heal the wall *sigh*.

Heh this gave me a chuckle as it reminded me of raiding in WoW. Onyxias lair at lvl 60 and similar encounters where the raid leader keept yelling "hug the walls". Some people took it a bit literally and started emoting "/hug wall" :P

I think I'm a bit tired and far too easily amused atm :D

Heh this gave me a chuckle as it reminded me of raiding in WoW. Onyxias lair at lvl 60 and similar encounters where the raid leader keept yelling "hug the walls". Some people took it a bit literally and started emoting "/hug wall" :P

I think I'm a bit tired and far too easily amused atm :D

Yeah, I can imagine that.

And when the dragon whelps emerged, two camps had to "Gruppenkuscheln" (="group hug") so that those whelps could be gathered and AoE'ed to pulp...some people did use "/hug" with other players then....*sigh*

Chris mentioned recently that forced target would be changed to prioritise troops over terrain.

I think it was initially introduced to give an easy way to target the terrain objects, for example to shoot a hole in a wall, but those situations are not common enough really to warrant prioritising terrain.

That should definitely help with this kind of problem.