V21 Experimental 1 Balance Patch Available!

You know, it's a long time ago, but in the original UFO_EU I remember shots coming from out of nowhere, but they rarely done much damage. They were your sign to move in that direction................very carefully.

One of the coolest aliens was a thing that turned your men into a thing. That little bugger got your heart pumping. :)

There was a lot of RNG involved: not only because of hit and miss, but shots could do 0% to +100% damage. A hit from an alien was usually fatal from what I remember. I'd go through a bunch of rookies while the vets stayed safely at the back, sniping with impunity. Xenonauts is faithful to the OG in that respect, but it's possible to be too faithful to the OG.

It didn't hurt you could stuff the Skyranger with warm bodies.

Absolutely. My tactics in X-Com boiled down to "we'll choke their rivers with our dead!" While that was fun at the time, Xenonauts can do better than that. Shields being that much more reliable is really good. Do you not use them, Moonie?

Absolutely. My tactics in X-Com boiled down to "we'll choke their rivers with our dead!" While that was fun at the time' date=' Xenonauts can do better than that. Shields being that much more reliable is really good. Do you not use them, Moonie?[/quote']

I did, until one update they became made out of candy floss and would disappear in a gentle breeze. I believe they are once again useful.

I just need to know where this shot-from-nowhere is going, before I play again, I had to stop, I was getting angry with the game. :)

The extra vision for Caesans (they had +1 vision on us humans) was reverted, so it's not so bad. The only time you'll be getting shot from the dark is when Wraiths and Harridans are around. If you're finding experimental builds infuriating, then by not playing them you're more sensible than me.

I was losing a lot of my squad members to shots from nowhere. I did see where they were coming from, and sometimes back tracked to kill the little bleeder, but he was miles into the fow. I mean my people may as well have been falling over with heart attacks for what little I could do to prevent it.

I'm not moaning though. There is always something about a game that some of us don't like. You just have to get over it somehow.

when your guy gets shot out of the dark can another alien see him... and can you recalll if they were cesearians or sebs

Usually it's the first dudes, the ones with the white heads that use to wear hoddies. It has happened when a alien is in view and after that alien has been killed.

Also if one of your soldiers has a alien in view the shot from the dark can kill a soldier that has no LOS with the alien in question. It's all a bit screwy.

Well the aliens do have squadsight like we do so just like if your one guy spots a alien everyone of your guys can shoot if they have a clear shot even if its outside their viewing range the aliens can do the same thing. And if its the alien types that have farther sight ranges then humans they could have your guys spotted by aliens that ur guys cant see, but obviously thats harder to prove out. But like ive said i've gotten thru december without noticing these outta nowhere shots.

I've had other weird things like not a single terror attack ground combat. I've had air terror missions but no ground ones.

Squad Sight + ridiculous high accuracy is bad combo. During january / february when a Carrier made terror mission, I got spawned near the infestation of Androns and Haridans. You see Andronds are pretty tough to kill and all I had was Lasers and Wolf armor. So I coulnd't just kill 6 who were close to my starting location - and they had those stupid Hardians just used Plasma Cannon firing from 2-3 screens away with perfect accuracy that all that was left from my guys was blood stain on the ground.

So one of those features has to go. And I opt for Squad Sight, since aliens are way too powerful to have it.

I think Chris is close when it comes to making the game faster paced and dangerous. But problems will arise when we dip into fantasy, were mage aliens with wizard sight can lob deadly accurate arcane bolts from any distance, and sometimes regardless of obstacles. :)