[v21.1] - Medpacks don't heal on the diagonal.

• 1 month later...

Nope, I just wrongfully lost a soldier today. He was inside a building, next to wall with 1HP left and bleeding. I rushed my medic there and managed to heal 5HP (green numbers shown) but he didn't receive any health so he died at the beginning of the next turn in blood loss. *rage quit* :D

Edited by Skitso

Nope, I just wrongfully lost a soldier today. He was inside a building, next to wall with 1HP left and bleeding. I rushed my medic there and managed to heal 5HP (green numbers shown) but he didn't receive any health so he died at the beginning of the next turn in blood loss. *rage quit* :D

If he had two wounds, he'd need 2x healing to get rid of the wounds before he gains any health.

I think. I'm also not sure if that's intentional.

I haven't ran into the problem with the target being against a wall or with the diagonal healing. I tried reproducing it just now and couldn't.

I do know that healing a wounded target you have to do enough healing to remove the wounds first before any healing is applied to their HP, so that could contribute to the confusion in identifying what may or may not be a bug involved with medipacks. It probably would be helpful if there were messages about bleeding slowed/stopped when using the medipack to remove wounds and only the actual hp healed for the green +number.

The two problems that I have seen for a long time are:

1) TU costs for a medipack says more TUs than it actually uses. It used to always be 5 TUs over, but now it appears to have been changed and is using path-finding costs since you can click on someone to run over and heal them now and when you use a medipack on yourself it says the correct costs. The cost that it is off by appears to be the amount of TUs it would cost to move into the target square and then change your facing to match your original facing.

2) Healing over a short wall, fence, or hedge takes your TUs away without doing anything. No charges lost, no hp healed, just TU gone.