Streamline combat controls

Pentara

Been playing for 2 days now, keep up the good work.

I'd like to see a return to simpler and smarter controls in combat. An example of this is the TU reservation panel. Instead of a slider showing all options in the game with some greyed out, how about the mechanic used in X-com with buttons. And you only see the buttons for those options you have. Clicking is a lot easier than positioning over the slider, holding the mouse and then moving up or down.

The analogy I can give are games you play where you have to log in and on the title screen you have to click on the password field before you can type it in instead of having the cursor already there. It's a small step, but when you do it hundreds or thousands of times it adds up. Imagine a game you log into 4 times a day, it would get annoying fast.

Thing along similar lines for all other controls. Oh, and make the scroll bars wider too. Mousewheel doesn't work too well, it scrolls down the list and changes the selected soldier/item. And the current bars are so thin (I play at max res) they are hard to catch.

But slimline scrollbars are so elegant! I will bear in mind your complaints and consider expanding them, it's not too difficult to do but it would be time consuming to do all of them again.

The game's too far gone to revamp the UI again beyond minor changes though. It's not perfect but it's already significantly more streamlined than the original game...or even the original implementation of the UI in Xenonauts.

I do not have the problems with it as I absolutely detest laptops.

But...Is it possible to enlarge the sliders when the cursor is hovering over it?

Just like a popup of a tooltip or a magnifying glass?

You could even put a game options (use it or not) behind this, like "Laptop aiming help" for all those tiny interaction thingies the laptop mousepad is too clumsy for.

Just a thought.

Edited by thixotrop

dont get me wrong, i like the look of the slim ones... i just cant click and drag in the right place when using my laptops mousepad ;P

Why don't you use mouse ?Who today still using touchpad to play video games even TBS (when was ever used).

@thixotrop

No one tells you ,,its forbidden to use thing called mouse".

Edited by Sentelin