V21 Experimental 1 Available!

V21 is brutal. I've never lost so many soldiers before. I'm alright with it, but something about it seems unbalanced to me. If I'm losing more soldiers now and have a higher chance to lose soldiers, I'd like to have more soldiers. 8 is great for the beginning game but by the time you're in December the little charlie isn't carrying enough. And I tried hard to research the dropship but with armor, weapons, prerequisites, and the corsair being more important, I find myself heavily undermanne against downed larger enemy craft. I'd like to suggest either adding 10 soldiers to the charlie (which I don't like because I believe it will overpower the early game) or make the shrike quicker/easier to research (which would probably also unbalance things...)

I think the last changes swung the balance substantially in favor of the aliens. Since they have more powerful weapons than the humans for at least the first three months (maybe more) increasing the accuracy favors them much more than the humans. The reduction of the effectiveness of cover also favors the aliens because it make it more difficult to close with them to use explosives. Add to that the AI improvements that make them shoot much more often plus they can now use grenades and the balance swings even further. Also, the progression of alien ships sizes seem a bit over the top now too. BTW, I'm playing Veteran per Chris's request.

Edited by StellarRat

I think the last changes swung the balance substantially in favor of the aliens. Since they have more powerful weapons than the humans for at least the first three months (maybe more) increasing the accuracy favors them much more than the humans. The reduction of the effectiveness of cover also favors the aliens because it make it more difficult to close with them to use explosives. Add to that the AI improvements that make them shoot much more often plus they can now use grenades and the balance swings even further. Also, the progression of alien ships sizes seem a bit over the top now too. BTW, I'm playing Veteran per Chris's request.

The game kept getting changed and then when they got one I didn't like they keep it for awhile. :(

Kill or die. Is that tactical or just pew,pew? :)

This is somewhat like Xcom in classic mode. Instead of adding more aliens (maps to small) or improving the AI, they opted for critical hit, and accuracy bonuses for aliens.

I'm not bothered about this as long as they remove these bonuses for easy or normal play.

Edited by Moonie

Moving the Shrike further forwards in the tech tree is certainly something I'd consider; the Valkyrie arrives too late to be useful really.

I'll consider revising the accuracy down a bit further, but I'm going to test it some more first.

Revise the name for "Normal" on account of that difficulty not being the "normal" values any more.

Haha! More like impossible.

I hope that there are 2 easy modes. One for absolute beginners and one for casual players, and the rest for those who like to hurt themselves. :)