Change troop class in baracks

Please add the ability to change troop class in the barracks menu as you can assign them to Charlie.

It's pretty annoying that after filtering out soldiers I need to go to troop equipment find the soldier I want, make him what I want, then go back to barracks and find another one.

Ummm, I am not sure what you mean. But, I think what you are looking for is editing loadouts for soldiers not in a squad. This can be done from the loadout screen, there is a bit on the lower left hand side that should say unassigned and that should list all the stand-by soldiers you have.

What I think he'd rather like is that he can go to the Barracks and get (with a button press) the same loadout change type screen as on the equipment/team assignment page, since it's easier to get a full view of what your team's (total) make-up is there instead of having to piece together your strength from the dropship page plus the inactive roster, plus (if you have them) the additional teams if you have several other transports available.

To be honest, simply having a way to change the character's role (and have it automatically equip the loadout specified as the default for that role) there would be enough, no need for a complete outfit panel.

Do you mean edit what the default is for a class? You can do that too, you select the load out you want to edit/add and then edit the equipment. After that, click the 'soldier roll' button and hit 'set equipment as default'. After that, just hit equip default loadout on everyone that you want using that loadout and it will give them the gear if it is available.

Yeah, I'd like the option to change the role from the barracks screen as well.

The reason is that you want to assign roles based on how the stats of that soldier compare with your other soldiers (so Sniper to soldier with highest Accuracy, Heavy Weapons to highest Strength, etc.) but you cannot assign roles on the barracks screen, which is the easiest place to see which soldier has these outstanding stats.

I think the catch here is that changing a role doesn't just change the role but also equipment. Which can have consequences such as the dialog about insufficient equipment, and one would need to go to the equipment screen anyway. Still, even if changing role in the barracks didn't change any equipment at all, I'd still like this too.

Does selecting a new role automatically try to equip that roles default loadout?

Yes.

I thought you needed to press a button for that.

That button lets you reset the loadout to the role default, if you've re-equipped the soldier since assigning the role, or changed the default.

You can still change the loadout for each soldier individually after selecting a role, right?

Yes.