is it just me or are Caesan a little too accurate for the sake of balance?

I lost four men in one turn to one caesan, it fired a burst killing three which was probably just bad luck then proceeded to murder a fourth with a snap shot from across the sight range in a building that must be glitched because it doesn't let me shoot anything into it.:mad:

You had your soldiers bunched up close enough that a scatter shot would hit all 3?

He he, sux to be you!

Actually that just sounds like a random chance thing. But those plasma rifles can really hurt if you're not at the point where your squad is fully armored. Even then there's a chance they can be instakilled, I think.

The new higher accuracy coupled with the AI fixes mean that ALL aliens are firing at range and hitting. They've always had more powerful weapons, but couldn't/didn't use them well. We're seeing the results now as our poor soldiers are getting picked off just trying to move to contact. The only advice I have is to never leave someone out in the open. If you need to cover open unscouted ground use smoke. Vehicles are more important ever to find the enemy first. Also, make sure you have 2/3 of your troops covering and only 1/3 moving (or less.) That way you'll at least be able to kill or suppress even the aliens that waxed your scout. Don't let him/her die in vain!

IMO, the last AI and accuracy changes have swung the balance back in favor of the aliens at least until you've got Wolf armor and lasers.

Edited by StellarRat

Yea buddy that sounds like some terribly bad luck. In a scout crash site this morning in the v21 experimental I had a firefight between 5 xenonauts and 3 sebs, with two in open covered, and all of us missed shots for three turns straight.

They are very accurate though. That's how they're supposed to be. Use flashbang and smoke to advance, use explosives to take out cover. Use shields to go around corners and machine guns to suppress them. You can't save everyone but you can reduce the body count.

You know after playing 5 game months during V20H2 I found that I was more scared of plasma rifle than heavy plasma.

Me too; the heavy plasma is easy to counter by just staying out of range and using sniper fire to pick them off. Plasma rifle is much nastier at returning fire at long range.