V20 Stable Hotfix 1 Released!

This hotfix addresses a number of issues with the V20 Stable build that we put out over the holidays, and should hopefully clear up the worst of the issues.

Please note: We are ONLY pushing this to the Experimental Branch on Steam for the moment, if it proves to be reliable after a few a days then we will go ahead and promote it to the main branch.

Here's the change list:

Fixes:

- Units above walls can now see over them (applies to both jetpack infantry and units in structures

- Incendiary damage bonus to props is no longer applied against units too

- Units now leave their "gibbed" sprite behind after being killed by overdamage weapons

- Units now always play the correct animation when dual wielding weapons

- Capturing a landed UFO will now grant you the national relations bonus assigned to that UFO type

- Fixed aircraft waypoints not always drawing

- Sell/Transfer button on stores screen now displays correctly

- Style changes to soldier equip screen buttons

- AI should now shoot stunned enemy units, so you cannot save men by knocking them out

- AI should no longer try to attack through doors

- Fixed issue where the accuracy for aliens shooting was based on strength

- Fixed missing C4 animations for Wolf and Jackal

- Vault, death and injury animations sped up by 40%

- Fixed soldiers being healed up to 98% only

- Aliens will now generally be facing the dropship on mission start

- Fixed column ordering in the soldier management screen

- Time acceleration is now reset to 5 seconds when closing the interceptor dialogue

- Fixed Alien Fusion Reactor displaying incorrect Xenopedia entry

- Soldiers should now receive the correct penalty for going over their carrying capacity

- Fixed UFO supply run missions causing a crash if the base they were to supply was destroyed

- Removed sticky Ctrl key for various add/remove buttons in the base management screens

- Fixed a crash that would occur if you pressed escape while placing a building

- Fixed alpha channel on the main menu clipboard

- Fixed Alien weapon accuracy penalty being applied to aliens!

Additions:

- New dust cloud animation is played when props are destroyed to smooth the visual transition

- The space bar now only functions as a time-stop toggle on the Geoscape, rather than centring the camera

- All free scientists/engineers are automatically assigned to a new project

- Air Combat auto-resolve percentage victory chance is now displayed

- Mouse wheel and keys now let you scroll through the soldier list in the soldier equip screen

Also I am back, Happy New Year all!

EDIT: I accidentally did not update the saved game number in the initial build of this, which meant previous saved games would disappear. I hotfixed this at about an hour ago so those saved games should show up again.

Edited by Aaron

My Experimental Balance patch is not included in this release; it'll be released separately shortly. This is essentially V20 balance with the AI fixes that were preventing it operating correctly, plus the all the stability fixes Aaron has listed above.

Nice update, will give it a shot. Also I was wondering, at present the game has no reward system to maintain or increase funding since the ground missions give no points to the countries from what I can tell. Is there any eta on when this might come back as atm it seems its inevitable that funding will reach 0 in a relatively short time.,

Nice update, will give it a shot. Also I was wondering, at present the game has no reward system to maintain or increase funding from what I can tell since the ground missions give no points to the countries from what I can tell. Is there any eta on when this might come back as atm it seems its inevitable that funding will reach 0 in a relatively short time.,

Funding increases when you shoot down UFO, complete base/terror missions, or - as added by this patch - if you complete landed UFO mission.

Ok so is this shown as a score at the end of the mission like it use to or is that part still broke?

At the moment, you can only check whatever funding changes on the Geoscape (top right corner).

Mission end screen is still being worked on. You can check the currently proposed version right here, though I don't think national funding bonus is planned to be added even for missions that grant them.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/8649-New-Mission-End-Screen-%28feedback-opinions-welcome%29!

- Mouse wheel and keys now let you scroll through the soldier list in the soldier equip screen

This also happens when trying to scroll through the "Change role" menu or when scrolling through the locker UI. Please consider disabling it in those cases.

98% health problem still persists. :(

Also, sped up vault ja hit animations looks goofy.

Are the alien numbers decreased in the normal version too? (as in not Chris' balance) I'm having like 3 or 4 aliens in a light scout?

EDIT: I just had a Sebillian light scout with one alien! :o Is this intended?

Edited by Skitso

Sorry about the saved games guys, that wasn't intentional - I've just pushed a quick hotfix that should let you load your V20 Stable saved games again.

Alien numbers should not have changed in this version - remember that when a UFO is shot down the occupants can be killed, so the numbers you will see in a crash site are significantly less the maximum defined for each UFO in the various UFOcontents files.

Sorry about the saved games guys, that wasn't intentional - I've just pushed a quick hotfix that should let you load your V20 Stable saved games again.

Game just updated for me and still no saves available to be loaded from the stable V20. Switching off experimental branch as Chris suggested in another post does make them available but the game crashes for me.

The crash happens right after a succesfull alien base attack so i am thinking its the supply mission for no longer existing alien base. Is it possible the game had already saved a queued alien supply mission and the patch does not adress missions already in progress for the alliens that may be saved in the save file ?

Alien numbers should not have changed in this version - remember that when a UFO is shot down the occupants can be killed, so the numbers you will see in a crash site are significantly less the maximum defined for each UFO in the various UFOcontents files.

I still insist the alien numbers are somehow lower than before. I know some of them may die on crash, but still... this is happening on regular basis. Also, I've never before had small scout with only one survivor.

Debriefing stats might tell there's something wrong: earlier I had a Ceasan small scout with 4 aliens and few crash victims. I killed them all and debriefing said 4 aliens killed. Now I had a sebillian light scout with also 4 aliens and few crash victims. Mission ends and debriefing said 6 aliens killed..?

I still insist the alien numbers are somehow lower than before. I know some of them may die on crash, but still... this is happening on regular basis. Also, I've never before had small scout with only one survivor.

Debriefing stats might tell there's something wrong: earlier I had a Ceasan small scout with 4 aliens and few crash victims. I killed them all and debriefing said 4 aliens killed. Now I had a sebillian light scout with also 4 aliens and few crash victims. Mission ends and debriefing said 6 aliens killed..?

Ceasan Light Scout ufocontents still says the same 6-9 non-coms, but the Seb Light Scout now says 2-3 non-coms, 2-3 guards.

Also, I don't think the crash victims count as kills, but if local forces kill them it counts. (Or the other way around? not sure)