Question about capture/stun rules

Hi people,i'm on my first playthrough and some questions arose:

I understand Androns currently aren't capturable.Is there any way to get the juicier Xenopedia entry(with bonus damage in particular) on them,or it was never in game in the first place?

Shock batons kill reapers in my games T_T. Is it because they are Alpha Reapers,or something else? I don't get normal Reapers in missions anymore.

Electroshock grenades also kill organics instead of stunning. Is it mistake in description,they are just EMP\Suppressing tool?

Is there a point of capturing multiple leaders/officers(maybe in advance) ,or going for the specific race?

I've never had an electroshock grenade kill an an organic target that I hadn't first shot, so dunno why electroshocks are killing targets in your game.

Androns may have had an analysis entry in much earlier builds, but I don't remember now if they did. As it is, there isn't a way to get a jucier Xenopedia entry for them.

No, there isn't a particular point to capturing each racial officer type. You only need to capture an officer and a commander to progress in research.

1) I guess no.

2) Why would you want to capture a live reaper? If I was commander and some scientist approached me with this idea, he will find himself in next mission against reapers with only shock baton as weapon.

3) E-shocks do some health damage and a lot of stun damage. My only guess is you tried to grenade heavily wounded alien. Other than that, note that killed and stunned enemies look absolutely the same. You need to step on top of one and investigate to tell from another. Or wait till the end of mission.

hm, it seems electroshock grenades do much more health damage then i thought. Probably misjudged it because of armor mitigating my laser shots.

And i want that 10% damage against Reapers.And sweet illustration too. Because the biggest failsafe against random Reapers right now is reaction fire. With puny pistols and out-of-range shotguns :D

Edit: just bagged myself a reaper. He took 1 laser rifle shot and 2 electroshock grenades. Stun Batons are officially obsolete for me now, all take a spare e-shock grenade on your way out,please.

Edited by Evercrow

• 2 weeks later...

I capture aliens with melee attacks ... gas grenades don't do damn unless they are isolated and little room for maneuvers,also gas rockets do same share as grenades in my opinion i forgot last time i try it to use it.I capture alien by wearing him down with couple of shots from rifle and pistol (suppress his with flash grenade if its needed ) then i send two guys who have enough TU to hit alien at least two times (which gives me 4 shots in total to knock him out and only one or two are enough most of the time).As for how you capture Reapers ... they are not worth effort don't even try doing that (10% more dmg doesn't mean anything believe me).

Edited by Sentelin

• 4 months later...

Funny, I was just researching the stun system in Xenonauts and came across this...

Were reapers possibly downgraded? Because I captured one accidentally while doing my first middle-sized ship ground mission. That thing went right up to one of my soldiers without attacking her (smart enough to hide behind her back though - had to load up my last save because I thought "Huh - where did that thing go?" ;) ), so I took the stun baton out of her backpack, zapped it twice - bam.

Can't verify this with hard numbers, but it sure seems like something has happened to reapers. I'm only seeing a rare few of them, and the ones I do encounter are not acting intelligently like they used to (not charging your troops without enough TUs to successfully attack, etc).

I had a shotgun-toting farmer best two Reapers across 3 turns on a recent mission; I'd have conscripted him into the Xenonauts immediately were it an option.

Yeah, I had a farmer kill the 3 aliens guarding the outside of a UFO by the time I got there. My CQC soldier with wolf armor and a laser shotgun couldn't have managed that alone.