Skitso's Oppressive UI MOD

Skitso

It's earth\continentmasks\na_lost.png, and theere are also the other continents too with *_lost.png

It is a white see through png file which is rendered with red color on geoscape over lost continents. I made it very black so it renders as a very dark red, but I guess you could remove the red component and it would render gray when red tinted but I can't say without trying. You're the expert anyway.

and here is the altered file itself:

na_lost.jpg

well it attached as a jpg but I used it as a png.

na_lost.jpg

na_lost.jpg.3f8b9a9d907c354e820ea28ef906

Yeah. I've tried to mod it for hours, but it seems to be impossible to get any cohesive look there as the background grid color is hard coded to green. Also, if I remember correctly, fire arcs are non moddable too. :/

My motivation to fix it is pretty slim too, as I almost never do manual air combat myself. If you want to give it a go, I'll be more than willing to attatch it to the mod if the quality standards match the required level. :)

Edited by Skitso

Some feedback on the new lost continent color?

Definitely better than it was. I'm still not particularly a fan of the red, but as it stands its much more subtle than the vanilla version and doesn't offend me nearly as much. It would probably look better in vanilla, too, for what that's worth.

Thanks for the mod. I like many things in that and other your mods: maps, bsg inygnia etc. but there is one thing I dont like- is the look of the geoscape map. I presume if i replace all files exept earth folder my geoscape should look like in vanila?

Edited by Alewalek

Another question, after few batless in the dark sometimes i see it realy dificult to play them and move your soldiers. First i liked that but it hapens few times that it was dificult to move expecialy in buldings - hard to find proper tile to clik go upstars etc. did anyone exerienced similar thing? Is is posible that i Could change it a bit myself that for example instead of total dark behind back it will be darker then normaly but still u can at least see tiles up to 4 tiles from the back of the soldier(no vision).

Optionaly what script make it works this way so i could remove it if first option is imposible. Thanks

Edited by Alewalek