V20 Stable Candidate 5 Released!

Removing the ground combat loading screen caused more issues than anticipated. We've made some more fixes, and released a new Stable Candidate. You can thank Giovanni for most of this work!

Changes:

- Saving games should no longer cause a CTD, or corrupt the save.

- Missions should now autosave correctly.

- Briefing screen is back.

- Soldiers should have their LOS back at the start of a mission.

- Singularity Torpedo Xenopedia entry now correctly appears with the Fury research.

Please let us know in this thread if there are bugs. At this point we're unlikely to be doing any more fixes before Christmas, so if this build is unstable we'll just revert the branch to V20.8 Hotfix 3. However, if it does prove stable we'll roll the build out to the Stable branch so everyone can enjoy the new features over the festive season.

Have a great Christmas and a happy new year!

Hi Chris,

Thansk for working so hard...i will try it right now and keep you informed.

Merry Christmas and happy new year from Spai

I will forget you for losing my saved games (in a very interesting point of battle) if this works fine....its a joke, at this moment, first ground combat without any problem...

Edited by Helky

OK, just spent close to 3hrs in game from the exe file Chris pasted up, no crashes with heaps of saves, aircombat and ground missions. Here's my take;

LOS in start of ground combat : FIXED

Crash when using inventory in ground combat : FIXED

Aliens staying supressed : FIXED

Soldiers arriving injured : FIXED

Crash after trying to save after 1st scout mission : FIXED

Autosave : FIXED

Briefing Screen : FIXED

Soldiers with 98% health after mission : Still present,

Also garage doors on some maps act funny, either cant be opened or you run straight through them.

But those 2 things are minor compared to the fixes, very happy with V20SC5!

WELL DONE! :-)

Edited by Dead Dread

Thank you for the nice new Textures: I playd Xenonauts last time after EXP 18 and i must say very nice. The Placeholder Textures was nice removed with some interesting Textures.

After i read now that the most Problems with your current build was Fixed i Start the Game again.

mfg

VN

p.s.: Thank you +++++ for the changings on Terror Missions. I dont test it so far, but it sounds good.^^

hi, how can i update from the Steam version?

take a look here Jekar:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5744-Experimental-Build-V19-available-%28instructions-within%29

Thanks guys for the hard work, your dedication and this awesome game!! Merry Christmas, and don't worry about anything but your family for a couple days, you definately deserve a peaceful and quiet Holidays!

To be fair, we've not been pulling all nighters. Giovanni did a few hours work on it last night but it's not been too intense.

Thanks for the feedback. I've noticed a couple reports of hidden movement loops / hangs. As the autosaves should be working again, if you can attach the autosave from the start of the battle (a save from the actual turn would be even better but I appreciate that's unlikely to exist). It's almost certainly an AI loop causing the issue so it'll be much easier for GJ to fix if we have access to the problematic missions.

EDIT - the bug report suggested the loop happened when an alien died from fire damage. Let us know if that theory is possible too, if you encounter the bug.

I did play for about 4 hours now on the latest SC and my primary issue would be that sometimes the game crashes when I go to the soldiers equipment screen every now and then. I cannot reproduce it, but it happens and is very frustrating.

Same happens for me, but since the autosave works again it's not really a gamebreaking issue.

Well , i could not replicate the infinite enemy turn bug , but i came across a sudden halt on my play a few hours later. I just finished an alien base assault and when i come back the game crashes after a few in game minutes. There are 2 fighter groups hunting UFO's , so at first i thought it was caused by shooting down a landing ship i was in persuit off , but even recalling all fighters makes the game CTD , so im oblivious whats causing the crash.

Here is the save: Save

Edit : I also encountered the CTD on clicking the soldier equipment screen , but it wasnt a major issue for me.

Edited by Mad_Shadow