Will the Flamethrower return?

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to throw the question out there, whether it is still planned to include the Flamethrower in the final game or not? I did search through the forums but what I found was inconclusive.

I am very much looking forward to try it out. It is the last peace missing (except maybe a Grenade Launcher as a portable Mortar) in order for me to create Full-On Anti-Alien Trench Warfare.

My soldiers shall neither rest nor stop until the earth is a barren wasteland.

Thank you.

I don't think so. But, I plan to add an incendiary grenade and rocket round in a mod. It should be very easy. Actually, this is how the Army has done it for a long time. Flamethrowers haven't really been in vogue since the 60's.

I like the idea of the rocket round. Looking forward to it!

I don't necessarily need a flamethrower, the little sadist in me might like the idea, but from a tactical point of view it doesn't make too much sense in my opinion... Might still be fun though.

It could be a very interesting weapon. Make it heavy and use ammo in a similiar way to the rocket launcher so that with its short range it becomes a niche carry class for storming buildings/ships. The fuel tanks could also be heavy to prevent ammo stacking. You could then beef it up a bit by coding flame to have an interesting effect such as "panic" enemy aliens. I'd also like to see it useless against certain aliens such as robotics, exoskeleton and maybe even lizard types so it gets made redundant later on.

Edited by Dead Dread