V20 Stable Candidate 4 Released!

I did all that, verified the integrity of the game cache in steam (that was what you meant, right? I could not find any other way to validate the files), deleted all previous savegames, started a new game.

It went exactly as before, I started the game, did all my usual changes to equipment, build stuff, hired scientists, shot down the first UFO and started the mission.

Tileset was desert/military, the UFO obviously a small scout.

Saving and loading worked perfectly fine.

I killed the last alien, got the debrief, here's a screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2892[/ATTACH]

after returning to the geoscape I tried to save the game (as a new file), and it crashed to desktop. i tried again by overwriting a previous file, and it crashed again.

I've got the same problem, but the latest save in the geoscape also won't load. Verified game files, game started in this same version, etc. All that happens is the load game selection screen stays up and nothing happens forever. I tried leaving it running for two and a half hours, but it never loaded.

Link to dodgy save, in case you want to see it.

i'll dito that, i did manage to make a save after the mission but i can't go into any sub screens after that without it crashing, any chance of rolling it back to the last update?

I think we have already rolled back 3 updates. :)

At least with the first v20-RC only some people were having CTD

Edited by Moonie

New bug?

Aliens assault my base....all aliens (reptilians) and light drones, dint move at all, so i can kill every of them easily. One alien move around the base, trying to attack my soldiers...a crisalyd, just one crysalid

and a CDT:

Later, a alien base was discovered, and i tried to save game....CDT!

OK, i tried to load a previous saved game, once i have resolved the alien attack (again much aliens get stuck), i tried to save game again....and CDT!

Well, updating info....this appears to be a Bug.: Every time i get into a battle, where aliens didnt do anything (not move, not shot...), once you have finished battle and you are back in geoscape, if you try to save game...CDT!!!

It is not possible to continue....right now, i cant play this way

Edited by Helky

I also get a CTD when i finish a Alien Base Assault Mission. When i want to save i get CTD too, but i was lucky and i could save.

Here is the Download for the Save

i will now describe, how to reproduce the CTD, first you should eliminate the aliens that are left, it should be 2 Sebillians, after this, you will get a Window, that new Researches are available. if you close this, you will get a CTD.

Confirmin Bug

This time, i deleted all previus saved games, and started a new game.

In a Ground Conbat (Terror Attack), aliens stop moving, they dont response to fire, so they were easy prey. Once finished battle, game started to works bugly (invisible ufos, invisible terror attacks, CDT when saving). anymore has thus bug?

I dindt do a clear install, but it has installed CS4...

Performed a reinstall, started another Ironman game on Normal and proceeded. Downed 2 Scouts, one in the sea one just assaulted successfully with captured aliens, started researching Alenium and then the game crashed while in Geoscape.

As a side note: The one alien in the scout did not go down even after like 10 stun grenades had thrown at him, it didn't move at all anymore and had a permanent 'Suppression' above it's head. Had to be shot to finish the mission.

Played last night a LOT, destroyed 2 alien bases, defended my HQ, Cruisers started spawning... saved, closed the game, loaded, no issues beside the mission start LOS, also no Alien Leader Interrogation Xenopedia entry...

But besides that, the game is working fine on my computer, none of the CTDs those guys are talking about o.O

Played last night a LOT, destroyed 2 alien bases, defended my HQ, Cruisers started spawning... saved, closed the game, loaded, no issues beside the mission start LOS, also no Alien Leader Interrogation Xenopedia entry...

But besides that, the game is working fine on my computer, none of the CTDs those guys are talking about o.O

Same here. I've done every mission type without major problems. Small alien base, large alien base, base defense, UFO recoveries up to cruiser, tons of shootdowns, etc... The only bug that's really been a problem is an occasion CTD exiting air combat, but even those have been rare. I'm in mid-January now and things are starting to heat up. Edited by StellarRat

Perhaps this bugs have something in relation to game difficulty...im trying easy mode...and you guys?

I always play normal, to be able to give feedback on balance and difficulty. I haven't made any changes or modifications to the game for the same reason.

And I still get the CTD after first ground mission every time. So I doubt that's the reason.

Right now i'm following StellarRats advice about making a completely new, clean install. I'll let you guys know if that works.

it keeps crashing after i try to save after a base assault and the charlie is in a weird place.

I've tried twice to off an Alien Base. Each time I win, and try to save the game, Xenonauts hangs so that I have use Task Manager to stop it. The Base was visible before I updated to V20-4, but I had not yet invaded it.

I agree with Redwallzyl. Charlie-1 acts as though it's stuck on return flight, but it will respond to a Return to Base order.

All played on Normal mode.

Slinger

Edited by SandytheSlinger

I've tried twice to off an Alien Base. Each time I win, and try to save the game, Xenonauts hangs so that I have use Task Manager to stop it. The Base was visible before I updated to V20-4, but I had not yet invaded it.

I agree with Redwallzyl. Charlie-1 acts as though it's stuck on return flight, but it will respond to a Return to Base order.

Slinger

I don't know if that is the reason, but I always start a new game with every new available build, no matter how small or insignificant the changelog looks.

There is a very long pause after you finish off a base. Are you sure you're waiting long enough before you go to task manager? I have a very fast machine with an SSD drive and I'm probably waiting almost a minute for base missions to end. I can imagine on a slower machine up to a five minute wait.

I'm having no difficulty with the Base ending. That seems to work fine.

My problem is after Charlie has left the Alien Base, and I want to save the game. After many minutes, the game is stuck on the Save/Delete scrteen, hence Task Manager. A game restart does show a saved game with the correct label, but trying to load that saved game also hangs my computer.

I, too, have an SSD drive (which I love), and all my Nvidia drivers are automatically updated.

Slinger

Edited by SandytheSlinger

Slinger

So I'm reading correctly that you're talking about a game created on an earlier patch and carried forward to candidate 4? Because updates tend to pretty much always break save games in some fashion.