V20 Stable Candidate 2 available!

if you refer to the inventory screen in ground combat i was on a farm set.

Sorry, I should probably use quotes properly. We've already fixed this in the dev version and will update to SC3 a little later. I'm just trying to work out what this CTD on the loading screen that's affecting the current build too.

I deleted local files via Steam, reinstalled, started a new game but alas, still CTD from first CG. The load time is also suspiciously long, over 70 seconds - a lot longer than before...

The crash happens in the last 5% of the load bar, after music starts, if that helps...

Edited by Skitso

I deleted local files via Steam, reinstalled, started a new game... still CTD from first CG. The load time is also suspiciously long, over 70 seconds - a lot longer than before...
I have now successfully loaded 5 out of 5 combat missions. Try changing your screen resolution. On 1680x1050 it CTD on 1600x900 it seems to be working

Edit: I meant game resolution not screen.

Edited by steveuk

Hey, could it be the community maps that cause the problem?

If people are getting in GC sometimes (original level) and sometimes not (community level)?

I'm not sure, are community maps bundled with the game? It seems to be a tileset problem but since changing resolution I have not CTD

Try the save from http://ge.tt/4Ah34cA1/v/0 , let the Chinook reach the site and start the mission. I get a crash in the last 5-10% of the load bar.

And yes, it's random, but I've reproduced the crash already twice, so hopefully you'll get lucky. This is with 1920x1080, running on Linux with Wine (but I don't remember otherwise getting a crash for a long time, so I wouldn't blame my setup).

Hey, could it be the community maps that cause the problem?

If people are getting in GC sometimes (original level) and sometimes not (community level)?

Community maps wouldn't really make sense, as if you delete the game folder and re-download then you'll only have the official maps.

Community maps wouldn't really make sense, as if you delete the game folder and re-download then you'll only have the official maps.

I deleted local files via Steam.. it deletes only installed files, so maps for example are left behind. I'm at the moment in process of full clean reinstall with manually deleted game folder... I'll inform you shortly.

Try the save from http://ge.tt/4Ah34cA1/v/0 , let the Chinook reach the site and start the mission. I get a crash in the last 5-10% of the load bar.

And yes, it's random, but I've reproduced the crash already twice, so hopefully you'll get lucky. This is with 1920x1080, running on Linux with Wine (but I don't remember otherwise getting a crash for a long time, so I wouldn't blame my setup).

Ah. I just reproduced that crash on the fifth time of trying. Thanks. This will help.

Ok. Look's like i found something.

For fresh start I've delete a whole game dir. from steam app folder and re-download it from scratch. Before 1st start i also delete "My documents" Xenonauts profiles.

Now, if i trying to load ground combat while i capture the video with FRAPS (with frame lock at 25fps) there is 10/10 successful missions loads. Zero CTD.

If i turn video capture with FRAPS off - i can catch a CTD.

Here's save: http://elderscrolls.net/temp/2013-12-20_21.37.21.sav

The "Wounded - 17 days" is still there. Got it on 6/6 recruits now. As before, these soldiers do not use hospital beds (only 1/8 in use by an actually wounded Xenonaut).

Like I wrote earlier, I had deleted the local files and done a complete V20.2 reinstall before starting this playthrough.

Fresh, clean install, CTD. Changed resolution to 1024x768 and 1600x900. -> CTD.
I have now started 8 missions successfully without a crash since lowering resolution....I only used default troop layout. I'll try again after selecting troops.

Fgart: It seems video/graphic related somhow.

Redwallzl: Known issue. Being fixed asap.

Keyser: Damn, I hated that glitch

I've noticed that with bigger resolution it seems more likely to crash - I can crash it about 1 in 2 loads in 1920x1080, but I have a hard time crashing the load in 1280x1024. However, as this is apparently a race condition, maybe that's just chance playing tricks.

I have now started 8 missions successfully without a crash since lowering resolution....I only used default troop layout. I'll try again after selecting troops.

I play completely on default settings, new game, new base, intercept, autoresolve ac, and ground combat ->crash to desktop. I don't even go to any base menus etc. For me, changing game resolution makes no difference. I've had one GC load up in maybe 20 tries... completely random it seems.

Edited by Skitso

I've noticed that with bigger resolution it seems more likely to crash - I can crash it about 1 in 2 loads in 1920x1080, but I have a hard time crashing the load in 1280x1024. However, as this is apparently a race condition, maybe that's just chance playing tricks.

I have it at 1920x1080 and not had one Crash of any sort over many hours of play, Nvidia 770.

Do any of you update your .net using windows update? I remember this caused the same type of problem with a game once.

Edited by Moonie