[V20 SC1 - Geoscape] UFO cannot be detected and ground mission not starting after CSA

Hello,

just launch game, creat a new game, normal mode, tooltips, no ironman.

built my base,

built some building in it,

buy some scientists,

manage my soldiers (created a new role for that),

saved,

rename soldiers,

reload previous save, no more renaming,

placed soldier on the dropship.

There I felt ready and speed up time. UFOs started to accomplish there missions but I was unable to detect any one, even those who manage there missions inside my radar zone. I still tried to leave the time speed up, close the pop up for building creations, research done, and scientist arrival, and had a "crash site available" (CSA) screen, but no crash icone on the geoscape. I sent my dropship there but when it arrive on zone, it just stood there for days, never begining a mission nor needing fuel, even after weeks waiting there.

Quit game, tried to start a new one no ironman, tootips

just built base, speed up time, and there I was able to detect UFOs and CSA created crash icone on the geoscape.

Edited by captncavern
new informatios

Same here.

I was playing at first, able to detect aliens, but then I got the CTD on first ground mission loading screen.

I validated files and got one 240 byte file.

Now I loaded the game and I can't see the local forces crash sites or any UFOs.

If I try starting a new game, I get the stated bug of no real base.

I encountered the same problem just now. I started a playthrough yesterday (Veteran difficulty, Ironman on) and was able to detect UFOs and crashsites no problem. Today I load up the game but do not see any UFOs, even though I get multiple "alien occurences" reports inside the radar area of both my bases. This goes on for about 2 weeks when I get word of an extraterrestrial base. I fly there with my dropship but it just stands stationary on top of the base without doing anything.

I just validated and redownloaded a 240byte file - now the game crashed on loading my savegame... verified again: all files check out, the savegame still crashes my game.