CTD v20.1 Stable

Started a new game, built buildings, Hired soldiers. Clicked on the soldier load-out tab (which now I think about it while I'm writing has no soldiers to customise as they haven't arrived yet) and the game CTD. I also experienced this with the previous build when I was placing a second base. Which I probably didn't have any soldiers to adjust. That's probably the problem causing the crash.

Clicking on soldier load-out tab with no soldiers present. I'll test the theory now.

edit: Ok so I have tested this now and every time I click on the soldier load-out tab before the soldiers arrive the game CTD. If I wait until they arrive the game continues as normal. As I said before it does this for any base you build. Obviously it shouldn't CTD for any reason but that tab should be usable without soldiers so you can set up what you wan't the default fit out to be. So please don't just disable the tab until soldiers arrive as the fix.

edit 2: I have started a new game and there are no UFO's appearing at all. This is what happened to my last saved game after the new patch. I thought the new patch had broken my save. Even with a new game there are no UFO's. An alien base was reported eventually which I sent my team in for their first mission. The chopper gets to the point and nothing happens. They just disappear. This new patch seems to of totally broken the game.

Edited by uglyduckling81

So this latest build is so buggy and broken I'm giving up on it. I've been fiddling around trying to get it to work most of the day. Just when I think the game isn't broken to a bug I experienced before a different crash happens.

Although I've been playing this game infrequently over the course of the last year or so, testing out various new inclusions this is by far the buggiest and most crash prone release I've tried to use.

It's a bit scary to think how close they are to 'official' release date yet it's unplayable in it's current state. Hopefully they don't do a major publisher usual and release on a given date no matter the quality.

It's a stable "candidate". When you signed up for the "experimental" builds, you were warned that it was "very unstable". You had to put in a password just to unlock it. If you want "stable", play the non-experimental steam version.

I think it's funny that it's a stable candidate since of what I've seen they didn't fix any of the major bugs of 20.8, which alone would make it not worthy of being a stable release.

Started a new game, built buildings, Hired soldiers. Clicked on the soldier load-out tab (which now I think about it while I'm writing has no soldiers to customise as they haven't arrived yet) and the game CTD. I also experienced this with the previous build when I was placing a second base. Which I probably didn't have any soldiers to adjust. That's probably the problem causing the crash.

Clicking on soldier load-out tab with no soldiers present. I'll test the theory now.

edit: Ok so I have tested this now and every time I click on the soldier load-out tab before the soldiers arrive the game CTD. If I wait until they arrive the game continues as normal. As I said before it does this for any base you build. Obviously it shouldn't CTD for any reason but that tab should be usable without soldiers so you can set up what you wan't the default fit out to be. So please don't just disable the tab until soldiers arrive as the fix.

edit 2: I have started a new game and there are no UFO's appearing at all. This is what happened to my last saved game after the new patch. I thought the new patch had broken my save. Even with a new game there are no UFO's. An alien base was reported eventually which I sent my team in for their first mission. The chopper gets to the point and nothing happens. They just disappear. This new patch seems to of totally broken the game.

All this happens to me too....grrrrrrrrr

It's a stable "candidate". When you signed up for the "experimental" builds, you were warned that it was "very unstable". You had to put in a password just to unlock it. If you want "stable", play the non-experimental steam version.

Thanks for pointing this out. Please note that at no time did I complain about this being a broken game as I am aware it's in Beta. I was merely pointing the fact that it's the most broken at this point in time that I have experienced so far. I was also expressing my concern of how close to their release date we are and how much work apparently still needs to be done.

It's always good to have our resident trolls to make a useless comment. So thanks again.

edit: On a side note I'm so happy to see the developers have put fixes in this latest patch for several issues which I reported as broken yesterday. Nice work team.