Steam Winter sale?

Laxe

We'll start discounting the game after it is formally released, and we'll probably put out a demo some point after release too.

EDIT - and yes, the game will go up to $25 on release for at least a couple of months before all the sales discounting starts.

Ok thanks for the info.

So the raise to 25$ is for Steam too? That would be a first... Haven't seen this happen to any other game. What erutan says below would be the proper action imho.

I suppose one way of doing it would be to raise the price on steam to $25, then offer a 20% pre-order discount.

That might psychologically work to attract some buyers on the fence. :) Same offer, different presentation.

Exactly. This way you know it's discounted for pre-orders. I had no clue that it would go up to 25$ and since I don't think it's mentioned on the store, I bet most Steam users don't.

If you dont want to pay the already 20% discounted price of $20 then goldhawkinteractive dont have to give it to you. If you really want it, mow your neighbours lawn for some pocket money so you can afford $20.

But I didn't even know it was discounted! Thanks for your "kind" approach though...

You can head to kickstarter page read there about discounted price or visit official site and read it there.

WHY PRE-ORDER?

project with a pre-order…and you’ll also get it cheaper ($20) than the final version ($25) too!

PUBLIC DEVELOPMENT BUILDS & PRE-ORDER:

Edited by Sentelin

I am one of those who purchased mid June 2011, for 30$. Although I'm not really invested in beta-testing and the forum, I always believed in this project and was looking forward to "my new X-COM". I had the chance to get 5$ bucks back, but what I've seen since the beginning made me believe even more, so this was my extra pint for the developers. But seriously, I wouldn't care, if it got sold under 20$ now. The community has gotten bigger, maybe even the market for this game and if it's a convenient strategy for the developers to earn more money from their hard work, then what the heck. But maybe you get another view, if you contributed as much as all the posters here with >1000 posts, I think I get that.

It costed 30$ ?I didn't know that ..

at one point it was sold for 2 different ammounts. a regular pre order and a premium preorder. The guys that paid a little bit extra got the shiny gold medals. while the others got silver medals.

Not sure if that is what X-toph is refering to or not.

at one point it was sold for 2 different ammounts. a regular pre order and a premium preorder. The guys that paid a little bit extra got the shiny gold medals. while the others got silver medals.

Not sure if that is what X-toph is refering to or not.

If I remember correctly, it was initially sold for 30$, then came the split in premium and regular preorder and people could decide whether they wanted 5$ back (to "downgrade" to regular preorder) or not.

Damn, I never requested my medal... But not much to show off with three posts anyway :)

You can head to kickstarter page read there about discounted price or visit official site and read it there.

So you are saying that every potential buyer on steam should already have checked the kickstarter page or the official page, so that he appreciates the fact he gets a discounted product?

I clicked on this page and thought this was the next game :)

Now I expect you to make a quick flash game about Chris England bellydancing. chop chop! hop to it!

@Chris England: SELFDEFENCE AGAINST PEOPLE ARMED WITH FRUIT!

Edited by Gorlom

Do you want him bellydancing or Flashing? Make your mind up :)

Flashing? oh dear I really didn't get what you meant...

I want you to make a bellydancing game in Flash. No Flashing involved (unless you REALLY want to)

I think NEITHER is the best answer there...

Ye of little faith.