V20 Stable Candidate 1 available!

2 for 3 crashes when mission debrief screen tries to come up after killing last alien in first combat mission. Had problems with soldier management all fresh recruits were showing up wounded for 17 days and anyone that survived the first mission shows up with 98% health no matter how long they sit in base.

I started a new game, loaded up my troops with the right gear, started building a few additions to the base, shot down a UFO and sent my guys in.

Game loading screen, then crash to desktop.

Bummer.

EDIT: I deleted all existing saves and started again, this time it took me into the mission. Don't know if deleting the saves did anything or not, but it did run this time.

Edited by ls35a

You are playing an early-access game.

Sure, from V19 stable. But this time i was playing V20 Hotfix8 before updating to V20 Stable Candidate 1...I tried a new game, and now it appears to work

Just now, i loaded a saved game, get into a battle an instantly crashed....no way to play since V20 Stable Cabdidate 1.

My configuration:

W7 Home Premium SP1 (64 Bits)

I hope develop team will resolve this shit soon, i will not play the game again until this issue is resolved

Edited by Helky

Again, you are playing on the Experimental branch. There are big warning signs all over the posts explaining that it is probably not stable. A stable candidate build is still an experimental build, it only becomes a Stable build when we name is V20 Stable and upload it to the Stable branch on Steam.

If you're desperate to play the game, you can revert to V19 Stable any time you like. In the meantime, give us time to fix the issues...it's been less than 24 hours since the build came out, a number of which we've been asleep for.

Again, you are playing on the Experimental branch. There are big warning signs all over the posts explaining that it is probably not stable. A stable candidate build is still an experimental build, it only becomes a Stable build when we name is V20 Stable and upload it to the Stable branch on Steam.

If you're desperate to play the game, you can revert to V19 Stable any time you like. In the meantime, give us time to fix the issues...it's been less than 24 hours since the build came out, a number of which we've been asleep for.

I wont play V19 Stable, i was playing V20 Hotfix 8 without any problem and enjoying it very much. I wish you get resolved this soon, but dont worry, i prefer to wait 7 days if you do it well, that wait 3 days and get another patch that doenst work properly....i trust your work (if not, i wouldnt buyed the game)

My fault was that i left activated the automatic update for the game, and you know what happened then...;)

Edited by Helky

I wont play V19 Stable, i was playing V20 Hotfix 8 without any problem and enjoying it very much. I wish you get resolved this soon, but dont worry, i prefer to wait 7 days if you do it well, that wait 3 days and get another patch that doenst work properly....i trust your work (if not, i wouldnt buyed the game)

My fault was that i left activated the automatic update for the game, and you know what happened then...;)

Even if you didn't activated automatic update,steam would still update game.... unless it was in offline mode... that's why (among other things) i hate steam so much.

Even if you didn't activated automatic update,steam would still update game.... unless it was in offline mode... that's why (among other things) i hate steam so much.

If you disable automatic updates, when launching the game it says there's an update and asks if you would like to download it. Now, you can hit "Download," but quite easily noticeable is the other button that says "Launch Game."

Sadness. I guess I can't play.

I got the ground combat CTD, so validated files. I got one 240 byte file.

Now I can't see UFOs or crash sites for the two local forces missions.

And it was interesting starting a new game with no base, at all, but I still could not see UFOs once I got my radar up.

Edit: Oh, now I see. Start program, and select new game straight away can get a game going. I kept loading other things first, to see if they were back.

Pity it's 2 am now.

Edited by winterwolves

To be completely honest, I find the new loading screen quite distracting and a step back in immersion. A mid game loading as long as this is jarring to say the least.. I can't be sure, but the loading time feels two or even three times longer now that we have a progress bar to follow. Will you be able to get it faster or is this it?

I was hoping for something more hidden loading, like when a player's transport arrives to a mission location, the view slowly zooms in geoscape map location, fade to black, then a briefing screen with small loading animation in bottom right corner. This way you can start loading as soon as the zooming starts(5s), load all the time while the screen fades to black(5s), still load when the briefing screen fades in and load while player is reading the info(20s). After that, the player needs to wait maybe 5 seconds before the loading animation (spinning Xenonauts logo or what ever) changes to a deploy button that starts the mission. Could you maybe even utilize some pre loading when the chinook is ordered to ground mission location to win a few seconds in loading time?

Edited by Skitso

If you disable automatic updates, when launching the game it says there's an update and asks if you would like to download it. Now, you can hit "Download," but quite easily noticeable is the other button that says "Launch Game."

Yea..... then why did it update game without my permission when i had disabled automatic update for xenonauts...... and this is not first time it does that and surely its not just for xenonauts.