Review/Discussion of the Alien Analysises

Betuor

Warning: Spoilers may follow.

I've just been looking in the files after hearing about these images now going into the game. I have to say I really like them. Some look different than I thought they would, but that's not a bad thing.

Caesan:

analysis_caesan.jpg

First, I LOVE it. It looks way more menacing than I thought it would. Its uniform is also very fitting for it. It's very tight, shows off some muscle, while also giving the impression of futuristic syfy armor. Other than some minor details, it basicly looks how I pictured it.

Harridan:

analysis_harridan.jpg

Its bodysuit and armor looks pretty good, but my favorite part is the arms. They look amazing! My only thing might be the size of the helmet, but since I know it's a space engineer and sniper I understand that it would be pretty big due to having to contain all of the electronics.

Reaper:

analysis_reaper.jpg

I like how it's in the middle of moving and looks as if it's trying to break out of containment. That's a very good look for it. It also looks pretty scary.

Sebillian:

analysis_sebillian.jpg

I think you really managed to capture the look of a frontline, heavy (organic) combat unit with the way it looks like it's wearing metal plate armor and with the thick scales underneath. You can tell it's a lizard, but you can also tell it's from space. The only thing I see that is kindof weird is its head, mainly its size. It just seems a little too big for its body, although that may just be the size of its eyes. With all that being said, I do like it. When I look at the picture too long it starts to creep me out. I wouldn't want to fight them. It also look pretty strong, another reason why I wouldn't want to run into one of them in the middle of combat.

Wraith:

analysis_wraith.jpg

They look very good. They really give me the impression of a sneaky alien. It looks like it'd be fast and agile and that the inclusion of the ability to teleport just adds an extra level of lethality to an already deadly creature. I like how the armor also looks grafted to its body and the cool design of the main chestplate. The head has to be my favorite part of this alien. It looks as though it's very creaturish, but also semi-sentient. I think the sharp claws were a nice touch. I also think it looks good without the giant thing on the top of its head. To be honest, I somehow managed to miss the top of the head the first time. It took me a second look to notice the bandages on the top of its head. I do think that is a nice touch. I'm also impressed that you could also make me feel (kindof) bad for one of the aliens. I just imagine that some dude in a lab coat just holding a knife and going to town on the sides of its head.

All in all, I really like the look of the analysises. I do wish there was one for some of the other aliens like the Andron and the Preator. What do you think?

Note: I have not reach this point in this current build so I haven't read any of the discriptions. If anybody wants to share them, feel free. I'd love to read them.

analysis_caesan.jpg

analysis_harridan.jpg

analysis_reaper.jpg

analysis_sebillian.jpg

analysis_wraith.jpg

analysis_caesan.thumb.jpg.945f0153e2a3d5

analysis_harridan.thumb.jpg.0640845177fc

analysis_reaper.thumb.jpg.f053350de56e73

analysis_sebillian.thumb.jpg.98592228e4b

analysis_wraith.thumb.jpg.e3483f698a3250

Not sure why any of them would have their armour on unless its crucial to their survival per the Harridan, or literally integrated with their bodies and even then it might make more sense just to hook it up as necessary to life support and apply restraints.

Other than that, these look awesome, especially the Reaper, damn.

Edited by Surrealistik

I'm also impressed that you could also make me feel (kindof) bad for one of the aliens. I just imagine that some dude in a lab coat just holding a knife and going to town on the sides of its head.

That sort of thinking is weak soldier... next mission you're on scouting duty without a shield.

Out of interest, how are they different to how you imagined them to be?

The Ceasan is less weak, looks like he has wellish defined muscles, which is good. The Harridan is mainly just that it has more detail in its design than I thought and I do like it. The Reaper is as expected, but I wasn't expecting the action in it which looks very good. The Sebillian's face is a little different. I guess I was thinking more terrestrial lizard, but I do like the look. Gives me a fimilar yet different (alien) vibe. The Wraith's armor looks different, but looks very nice. I also liked the attention to detail with its bandages. (It's also my favorite of the bunch.)