Soldier sounds idea

mrxny

How about - The soldiers say anything when you kill the last alien? For example

• That was the last one
  • Yeah, We Won
  • Return to base

How about - The soldiers say something when you hit or kill any alien? For example

• Yeah, I got him
  • Enemy down
  • Tango down

How about - The soldiers say something when you see an alien? For example

• Enemy spotted
  • Enemy in the building
  • Enemy in the field
  • Funny quote - You wanna know how I got these scars? (Joker)
Edited by mrxny

I am with Mooton on this one.

Not only does radio chatter need to have a wide variety of voices but you can hire soldiers from many different nations who should really have different accents.

It would be worse for me to hire an African soldier who spoke with a thick British accent or a Russian with an American accent, or even have 50 soldiers all share three voices, than not having voices at all.

You could get around it with text boxes and text chatter but it doesn't add anything much to the experience for me and could actually detract unless it has a lot of time and thought put into it.

Oooh, unless there was a LOT of different radio chatter, I'd have to vote thumbs down for an offical inclusion as hearing the same things over and over was what drove me to switch off all chatter in EU2012. However, you can have a crack at what radio chatter would be like if you download and try out Jsleezy's real fighter sounds! (plug plug).

Not only does radio chatter need to have a wide variety of voices but you can hire soldiers from many different nations who should really have different accents.

Well, one simple workaround, is have all the radio chatter in Esperanto! What could be more globally inclusive than the international language? :D

Yea, most of the games i've played with chatter have messed up badly due to lack of variability.

On the other hand, correctly implemented voicejunk can be very helpful. Like the Crimson Skies, or Echelon (though i'm not sure english version was localised properly).

You'd need a huge library of audio to stop it from getting repetitive or maybe end up with an Arma type of system where lines are stuck together but that can sound rubbish at times. Mind you I watched Battle Los Angeles last night and throughout I wished those guys would just shut up and hide instead of yelling in the street, so perhaps no talking would be preferable to Duke Nukem cheese or Stephen Hawking drone (and cheaper at the end of the day).