Commissar Pancakes

Wallet Rape, Dec. 2013 edition

Nothing yet but my nostalgia is debating with my reason after I found some sega classics on sale.

I had forgotten all about "alien storm". I have some very fond memories of that game ^^

I wonder how reality would stand up to my memories of it.

It was a bit short though. I was expecting it to be longer. Berlin is comming out soon though so I'm hoping that rectifies it a bit.

(I havent tried out any player made run yet.. I should probably do that)

Just Skyrim: LE for 13.59eur (18.46$). I find it's well worth it to "miss out" on these things early on. It's pretty good though I'm getting swamped by trash quests.

@G-Man

I doubt Berlin is going to be longer than the Seattle campaign but both of them together are of decent length I suppose.

I was gonna buy a bunch of these titles, but then realized there's also going to an xmas sale, and probably new year's sale, both likely even better than this one.

Besides, Xenonauts has been taking so much of my time, I have one new game I barely touched, another I haven't even installed yet.

No point in buying more games now if I won't have the time to play them anyhow... And they will only get cheaper by the time I can play them.

Nothing.

I'm always surprised about threads like this. It's almost always the same games being discounted and for the same amounts also it's almost always possible to pick up the games at other places for less.

Nothing.

I'm always surprised about threads like this. It's almost always the same games being discounted and for the same amounts also it's almost always possible to pick up the games at other places for less.

Less than 75% off? I know a few places where you can get them for free but...

Sadly I had no money when I noticed the steam sale.

Fortunately my wife did so it all worked out well.

I didn't get much though, I find I am getting increasingly fussy about which games are worth playing and so few meet my requirements :P

Empire's alright. It's stable now (for me at least) and does the shooty stuff well enough on a large world map which puts it above Napoleon for me. Not sure how wise it is to play it unmodded but it works.

Like Commisar said, Fall of the Samurai is a good, more recent alternative if you want gunpowder warfare and don't mind the Japanese theme and small scope (geographically speaking).