Change name of RADAR Facility?

StK

I just want to run my idea here to see if I'm alone in this.

My idea would be to rename the RADAR facility to something like (X) ASCDA ((eXperimental) Alien SpaceCraft Detection Array)(Maybe someone can come up with better name then I did). Its a little thing and only for fluff reasons but also back in EU95 it bugged me a little that it seems only I can detect UFOs since I'm not getting any sightings from the military. But if I detect it by RADAR well there is RADAR coverage all over the world...

Renaming it would help to explain several things.

First it would explain why I don't get reliable UFO sightings from the local military because they are just not able to detect it.

Secondly it would help explain why local military forces have such a hard time fighting off UFOs even if they have a lot more fighter planes then I do, because if you don't see it you can't fight it very well.

I'm actually fine with the way it is. I think it's a very nice gameplay descision that i have to build my own RADAR network but there is a nagging little voice in my head that says "If its RADAR detecting the UFOs everyone should be able to do it and I should get their feed".

Thats why my suggestion was to rename it

This reminds me... is the Cryptology Center (or whatever it's called) working in the recent builds?

When I started with V20, the building was technically functional, but the research pre-req item that lead to it was never actually recovered from alien bases, so you could never the the research to unlock it. If you modded out that requirement or changed it, then the research tree and thus the building worked fine.