What happens if I leave an alien base be?

reggubha

I am perfectly able to wipe it out, if only it didn't lock up on the first turn. It lets me position the troops, then sits forever after I press the turn button.

That raises two questions:

1. Can I ignore an alien base altogether? What will happen? Will a region automatically surrender to the aliens after a while?

2. Is it a known bug that large bases (base.large.sebilian to be precise) freeze on the first turn? Is there a workaround?

1. No, it will just incur a very large penalty towards your monthly score. If this isn't solved, it will lead to the host nation's departure from the project.

I wish there was a price for a nation's loyalty....

2. Which version of the game are you playing on?

v20e5, but it was like this since v19stable.

2. Isn't there a workaround to reload the autosave for the first turn in that mission?

That should be it. The lockup only occurs at the end of the deployment phase. Reloading the autosave file should allow the game to progress but the soldiers positions will be back to their original locations.

That should be it. The lockup only occurs at the end of the deployment phase. Reloading the autosave file should allow the game to progress but the soldiers positions will be back to their original locations.

I'm having the same issue as OP in v20e5, however the old workaround you describe (from v19) no longer seems to work. Reloading the autosave takes me back to the deployment phase, which then freezes again when 'end turn' is clicked.

I've submitted a report on the experimental build bug forum and they were apparently working on it last week, so hopefully it will be gone in the next release.