PSA: Do not play Iron Man until your game is close to release

Hi, I'm Max Caine. You might remember me from Ragequit 2: Popping the Vein and 10 Most Hilarious Ballistic Monitors. I'm here today to talk about the serious issue of playing Iron Man mode in a Beta.

You hear that wailing and gnashing of teeth? That was Jimmy. Jimmy liked to play Betas. He like to contribute and support developers he felt worthy of his money. But most of all, Jimmy like to play on Iron Man. Boy oh boy, Jimmy loved Iron Man, and one day, Jimmy found a Beta that had an Iron Man mode. Jimmy jumped on that game like a beggar on a sandwich, and he was in heaven.

Until the bug struck.

10 hours into the game, Jimmy got hit by a bug. "No problem", thought Jimmy, "I'll reload". Only problem was, the bug corrupted his save. and because he was playing on Iron Man mode, he didn't have any saves to fall back on. Jimmy was suddenly destitute, an electronic hoboe, panhandling at the side. So Jimmy started again.

And the same bug struck!

This time, Jimmy had been playing for 15 hours. After loosing his empire for the second time, Jimmy started to get the sweats. the shudders and the shakes. In his sixth playthrough, he became convinced that he was only one mouse click away from loosing it all again. Jimmy started to play recklessly. "Why not?" thought Jimmy. "I'm going to loose it all anyway". Jimmy started to hang around the wrong kind of AIs. He played fast and loose with his empire. In the end, Jimmy lost it all when he threw his monitor out the window.

But Jimmy didn't have to!

No sir. If Jimmy didn't play Iron Man and had made more than one save, he could have rolled back to an earlier time. So kids, don't be like Jimmy. You see an Iron Man mode in an unfinished Beta, just say no!