Xtranauts MegaMod? - A compilation of select Xenonauts Mods and Map Packs

lemm

Extra Content Mod for Xenonauts

The day of release is soon approaching, I was wondering if there would be interest in an "extra content" Xenonauts mod. A lot of people have made some lovely artwork for this game, but there's no guarantee that they will all work together.

This would involve amalgamating some of the more popular mods that don't affect the game's balance, but provide additional content, into one giant package that is to be released concurrent to the final version of the game. The entire community map pack would be included, as well.

Would anyone be interested in this? If so, make suggestions on what to include.

Stuff To include

JSleezy's Real Armor

JSleezy's Real Fighter Portraits

Max Caine's Alien Mission Analysis

Max Caine's Alien Class Analysis

Waladil's Timelines Geoscape Mod

thothkins Additional Events Mod

aturgl007's Xenonaut's Icon for Windows Desktop

Pinetree's Extended Soldier's Background

- Real Weaponry Mods; (AR-10, what else?)

Edited by lemm

Hmm, interesting. I will be rolling the AMA and the ACA into a single "Lore+" mod, when the AMA is done, which should make things easier, and both mods are designed with integration in mind, as I've helpfully placed all the modded content in single blocks, usually at the start of the file.

Some of the industrial maps are messed up.

It wouldn't need to be ALL of the community maps, either. I was just thinking about tripling the existing map pool, because 3 maps per tileset-ship combo isn't very much after you play the game a couple times, especially if you do ALL the missions.

You're welcome to use my mod but you'll have to edit some names to get them to fit in the new UI. I don't have the time anymore. Chris told me it not to have any forenames that are longer than 10 characters and any surnames longer than 14 characters, giving us a total of 25 characters for a soldier name.

I do believe my mod would interfere with Pinetree's Extended Background Mod as it changes some of the same soldier name files not related to the art. I have a line of code in the soldier name file that adds all of the custom portraits to be pulled from the soldier pool for some nations. It could easily be added to Pinetree's mod if there was enough interest I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lemm. You may like to consider to add my mod to the pack? It replaces vanilla projectile images. No stats are changed its just a visual change. So far the mod should run with any current version as long as the devs dont touch the images again.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5205-Projectiles-images-replacement-test?highlight=projectile+test