to be added i feel

1 pilots to the landing craft.

2 a mini map

3 bonus to hit by resting in walls or corners etc

4 drift for smoke

5 weather effects

6 access to satelites and military fleets etc

7 items made and sold should sell higher than hey cost to make i mean we used resources to make them after all.

8 grenades should have a longer throwing range and should be able to throw over any object, seriously they get stuck a lot.

9 he rockets should cause more damage to area.

10 cars etc need to explode etc

11 we should be able to choose uniform colours

12 should be able to call to civs on the battlefield and have them come to you so they dont spend time just running about and towards the aliens.

13 leaning to shoot around corners and use grenades should be an option

14 land mines need to come in to game.

16 option to upgrade or adapt aircraft should be doen ie enginea, targeting fuel tanks and xp for fighter pilots.

17 missions to recover downed fighter craft and pilots

18 north and south ice caps need adding to map.

19 body size and shapes.of soldiers need adding.

20 more base room options are needed.

21 video animation would be good ie takeoff and intro movie

22 more volume options added

23 ambient sounds on battle maps

24 attachments for weapons

25 xcom insignia options

26 option to refuel at other bases with hangers

27 option to store equipment on transport

28 allowed to have more soldiers in basic transport i see the space

29 soldier training options ie classrooms

30 option to expand base size with tunnelling

31 terror maps need to look damaged and generally attacked before we arrive ( think on it did the aliens wait until we arrived before they attacked the people??????

Please note there are definitely points I agree on you with, so take this criticism with that in mind :)

items made and sold should sell higher than hey cost to make i mean we used resources to make them after all.

I think a statement has already been made regarding this. Essentially, The Xenonaut program doesn't exist to produce alien technology - it exists to recover it, study it and use it to fight the aliens.

grenades should have a longer throwing range and should be able to throw over any object, seriously they get stuck a lot.

I don't think longer ranges are necessary, but it would nice to be able to throw at different angles - e.g. lobbing a grenade over a wall you're standing next to.

cars etc need to explode

No, they really don't. It doesn't add to the atmosphere, and there's no reason for the cars to explode (catch on fire, maybe).

we should be able to choose uniform colours

This would be nice. I think there are some limitations with the use of sprites, but I think they said the same thing about female and non-white characters too :P

leaning to shoot around corners and use grenades should be an option

You can lean. It's called move out, take a shot, move back ;)

land mines need to come in to game.

Land mines are area denial weapons. I could see them being used in or around a base, but where else could they technically find a use? (note that I also highly disagree with the depiction of shotguns in this game and therefore categorically refuse to use them, so it's probably possible to make land-mines that have gameplay value, but add no realism).

missions to recover downed fighter craft and pilots

I feel there's enough missions as is, but what exactly would these missions entail? The aliens rarely stick around to recover our craft (could be interesting though - they do mention the aliens are working on being able to fly in our atmosphere. What better way than to recover our vessels?)

more base room options are needed.

I haven't noticed any that I find lacking. Perhaps you would be more successful if you specified what you wanted ;)

video animation would be good ie takeoff and intro movie

That would definitely be cool.

This would be nice. I think there are some limitations with the use of sprites, but I think they said the same thing about female and non-white characters too :P

And indeed there are no female or non-white soldier sprites, just portraits and paper dolls. The sprite based nature of battle map models precludes any customization options or rather makes them too impractical to be worth the effort.

And weapons can't be sold for profit because it's basically an infinite money cheat.

I haven't noticed any that I find lacking. Perhaps you would be more successful if you specified what you wanted ;)

I cannot speak for OP, but I for one would like to get the Quantum Cryptology Center working in-game.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to build this because the alien communications array item that unlocks the research is not obtainable. If you mod out that pre-requisite, then it's possible to research and build it. Damned useful structure that I'd like to be able to build normally.

I think he had a GREAT list. If you deny it it is only because you want to see this game released and not put more stress on the creators.

WHICH BTW..have been doing a fantastic job and I seriously hope they take a mixture of what the community wants and what is realistically feasible given their restraints on time and effort.

I bought this game on a promotion before Steam release BUT I have waited to play until now...reading boards, etc etc until I found I could wait no longer and the general consensus us that stable v19 is good enough to play. So far, it is.

Love the music! HATE the initial dorkey outfits (gives me more reason to upgrade, no?)

LOVE the character portraits.

Combat seems good to me.

MADDENING that I cannot rotate the camera. If there was one BIG wish from me to this team is a camera rotation, BUT I already bought the game and will keep playing....I just always curse when in tactical and I cant do it.

One other thing I am observing that I would LOVE to see is ammo replacement. HUGE headache with code I'm sure, but if I reload a magazine of 8 that has 6 rds left, it east a whole nother magazine. I get it...you can say..in the heat of combat, where are you going to find time to put bullets into a magazine, but in game perspective it would be nice instead of waiting till you have 1or 2 rnds left to switch.

One other thing I am observing that I would LOVE to see is ammo replacement. HUGE headache with code I'm sure, but if I reload a magazine of 8 that has 6 rds left, it east a whole nother magazine. I get it...you can say..in the heat of combat, where are you going to find time to put bullets into a magazine, but in game perspective it would be nice instead of waiting till you have 1or 2 rnds left to switch.

Had two assault soldiers next to eachother. NEXT. One too a CLEAR shot at an alien in the open and the guy next to me gets damage. I feel the friendly fire needs to be modified because this is not the 1st time something like this happened. GREAT game so far though. Enjoying it!!!

Heavy weapons (IE HMGs should have better firing time unit times. Often I am left standing in the wind because I fired while in prone (did not move) and next turn I cant fire because I dont have enough TU? MGs are too low IMO opinion. They should have slow move and reaction for sure, but if not moved them have great firing potential and one could say that EACH turn they do not move and fire on a target have INCREASED % to hit

Heavy weapons (IE HMGs should have better firing time unit times. Often I am left standing in the wind because I fired while in prone (did not move) and next turn I cant fire because I dont have enough TU?

MG's take 40 TU's to fire, and all soldiers will have at least that many (even the crappiest rookies). If you start the turn without enough TU's to fire, it is most likely because that soldier was either suppressed, or hit by the psionic "dread" effect that some advanced aliens have. These make them start their next turn with only half their TU's available.

I think he had a GREAT list. If you deny it it is only because you want to see this game released and not put more stress on the creators.
There are some slight graphical tweaks that could potentially be nice but not enough to call "great" or really make any difference.. numbers 10, 12, 13, 24 , 25, 26, 28, 29 and possibly 30 (I'm not sure what he means by 30) are imo bad/illthought through ideas. 25 mainly for the copyright infringement.

MADDENING that I cannot rotate the camera. If there was one BIG wish from me to this team is a camera rotation, BUT I already bought the game and will keep playing....I just always curse when in tactical and I cant do it.

Too late for that. The game is 2-dimensional so there really isn't anything to rotate.

I have been waiting until now to play xenonauts but have been watching it for over a year now. Having spent almost all day each day for the last 4 days playing I can agree with a number of points on this list.

1 pilots to the landing craft.
This would be a nice addition to the artwork that is the landing helicopter. just add in 2 pilots in the seats and PLEASE make them able to see things in front or next to the front of the helicopter for us.
2 a mini map
I would absolutely love a mini map. even a very simple one

7 items made and sold should sell higher than hey cost to make i mean we used resources to make them after all.

no thanks, i don't want to micromanage a production division of xenonauts to fund the project.

8 grenades should have a longer throwing range and should be able to throw over any object, seriously they get stuck a lot.

i agree i feel grenades should be able to be thrown farther with greatly reduced accuracy. maybe even add in a soldier stat for grenade accuracy? in RL i am a very good shot with a gun but a terrible shot with a ball they are not one and the same. upping the range to that of the flares while reducing accuracy the farther out would be nice.

11 we should be able to choose uniform colours

yes please, one of the only things i liked about the new xcom was that i color coded my team for my ease of identifying them similar to what you see on us aircraft carriers. each role had its own color to id it. i used blue for supportive troops and black for up close and personal assault troops

12 should be able to call to civs on the battlefield and have them come to you so they dont spend time just running about and

towards the aliens.

you dont like it when they stand between all your guns and an alien only to die to reaction fire from all the left over tus you have since you chose not to shoot past an idiot civilian the previous turn? I have to agree with you a way to tell a npc that they should go behind you and see them listen would be nice. or just make it to where the ai makes them run from aliens and understand that being behind your troops is the safer location
13 leaning to shoot around corners and use grenades should be an option
I understand the argument that stepping out shooting and stepping back is the same thing... but its not. if i shoot from around a corner i only expose half to 3/4 my body depending on which side i have to lean(im no good shooting lefty) and if i were to throw a grenade around a corner or into a room (think flashbang when breaching a ufo) I would only bother exposing my arm, toss it around safely then enter. I would settle on the grenade toss around corners added and the ability to strafe so my man with a shield can strafe out from behind a wall not step out exposing his side then get shot.

14 land mines need to come in to game.

no thanks, too much risk of bad relations with funding nations from left over land mines blowing up school children

18 north and south ice caps need adding to map.

I would love to be able to cross over the poles somehow seeing as a 3d globe is out of the question in a 2d game. maybe a small ribbon of upside down map could be added to top and bottom of the 2d map to display where you would fly to on the other side if you cut over the op or bottom and just add in a set fuel cost to do so? probobly would prove to complex for it to be a fun addition to the game though
21 video animation would be good ie takeoff and intro movie
I would love to see things like this added in.
24 attachments for weapons
as much as I love the idea from a realistic perspective, it would not be practical from a design perspective. It would entail too much additional artwork and balancing. damn shame the m203 grenade launcher isnt on the assault rifles but it would be terrible to balance.
27 option to store equipment on transport
This would save me a lot of work. currently i bring extra equipment on my backline troops and drop it on the floor in the drop ship on turn 1 incase i need it, i dont usually use rockets but a rocket launcher and a few rockets always end up in my drop ship on the floor incase i want to change one guys role mid fight.maybe add a simple weapon rack to the front section of the drop ship, that you can place a limited number of items in, a few spare weapons, ammo and grenades

28 allowed to have more soldiers in basic transport i see the space

this is explained as a limitation of needing the increased range of the drop ship in the game. Its part of what makes the game challenging.

29 soldier training options ie classrooms

as much as i could see myself enjoying developing my troops (i enjoyed that part of the new xcom), especially if I were fine tuning them to be specialized in a role such as a sniper, with the larger number of troops this game has compared to the new xcom game it would prove to be far too much micro management.

31 terror maps need to look damaged and generally attacked before we arrive ( think on it did the aliens wait until we arrived before

they attacked the people??????

I agree, terror maps should have a lot of dead bodies laying around at the start, some civilians some local troops or cops. maybe a wrecked tank, police car, fire truck, ambulance or downed local helicopter once in a while in the tile sets. and the occasional already dead alien, seriously local forces had to kill something before they were almost completely wiped out right?

sorry if my post was terribly long I just felt it made more sense to respond to each idea on its own.

This would be a nice addition to the artwork that is the landing helicopter. just add in 2 pilots in the seats and PLEASE make them able to see things in front or next to the front of the helicopter for us.

I belive that 2 pilots doing nothing just sitting there will be equally jarring for some people.
yes please, one of the only things i liked about the new xcom was that i color coded my team for my ease of identifying them similar to what you see on us aircraft carriers. each role had its own color to id it. i used blue for supportive troops and black for up close and personal assault troops
Impossible. The engine can't handle overlaying a different colour on the uniform. You'd need to create a new set of sprites of the uniform for each colour. It would be too much work for too little reward. And it would increase the games size on the HDD too much.
you dont like it when they stand between all your guns and an alien only to die to reaction fire from all the left over tus you have since you chose not to shoot past an idiot civilian the previous turn? I have to agree with you a way to tell a npc that they should go behind you and see them listen would be nice. or just make it to where the ai makes them run from aliens and understand that being behind your troops is the safer location
I'm not so sure that would be more fun. I think it would take away from the game in the long run. It's part of the challange.
I understand the argument that stepping out shooting and stepping back is the same thing... but its not. if i shoot from around a corner i only expose half to 3/4 my body depending on which side i have to lean(im no good shooting lefty) and if i were to throw a grenade around a corner or into a room (think flashbang when breaching a ufo) I would only bother exposing my arm, toss it around safely then enter. I would settle on the grenade toss around corners added and the ability to strafe so my man with a shield can strafe out from behind a wall not step out exposing his side then get shot.
THat would mean the aliens do the same and I think that annoyance would outweigh the benefit. In the end it wouldn't be fun. Although the strafing with a shield could possibly be nice.

My replies to the initial list:

1, Pilots in the landing craft would be ok by me if the time and money to design and animate them didn't get taken from anything more important to gameplay.

2, A mini map would also be nice, not essential though for me.

3, I assume you mean resting your weapon on walls rather than having a quick sleep in a corner. I don't feel it is necessary, especially if it is not visually represented by an animation. Difficult to do an animation as there is no real interaction between sprites.

4, Smoke drift would be nice.

5, Weather only if supported by reasonable tilesets. Big and expensive update for something a lot of people will dislike almost as much as night missions.

6, No thanks to use of military fleets, goes completely against the theme of a small secretive organisation relying on its own supplies and people.

7, No to selling for profit, make the funding nations mean something by making them your main source of income.

8, 9, Bugs and balance.

10, No cars don't really need to explode.

11, I would agree on multiple uniform colours if I didn't know how expensive and time consuming a proper version of new ground combat sprites was. Making a basic recolour in a paint package is easy and obvious mod territory though.

12, I would prefer civilians not to come to me thanks. Make the AI work better and they will stay out of the way.

13, Leaning around corners is a balance nightmare for a turn based game, a forum search should find several threads discussing it.

14, No land mines unless it is the aliens who are deploying them to defend their aircraft.

16, Air combat is supposed to be a quick and basic mini game, the devs have resisted adding extra complexity and I am quite happy without it.

17, Missions to recover downed fighters and pilots are not required and seem kind of pointless.

18, A better world map would have been nice but the game engine is incredibly poor. Adding ice caps would be nice but I also feel as they are not attached to a funding nation they would not be used much.

19, Body sizes and shapes do not need adding. Apart from the sheer cost of several new sprite sets for each armour you would likely not even be able to tell on the ground combat due to the scale.

20, The current base rooms support the aspects of game play that are present. If any are missing then please detail them.

21, An intro would be nice but Chris has said the time and money involved in making one alongside the difficulties the game engine has in displaying it mean it is unlikely, I can live without it.

22, Not sure what volume options there already are or what you would like added.

23, I usually turn ambient sounds right down or off so I can easily live without them, I prefer my games to be quiet.

24, No weapon attachments please, goes against the weapon archetype model used in the game and adds very little for me.

25, Not sure what you mean by insignia options.

26, Would have been nice to refuel at any available base but apparently not possible without a major code rework as aircraft are basically an extension of their own hangar/base.

27, I prefer the decision of having to work out good equipment loadouts for my squads over just loading a bunch of everything on the transport so I prefer the current method.

28, More troops in the basic transport means all enemy ships require much larger crews for balance. I don't mind starting with a smaller squad but I do think the graphics of the transport should be changed slightly to display a limited number of seats and show that most of the deck space is taken up with mounting points for the vehicles.

29, Training was present in early builds but removed to focus soldier advancement on ground combat, I am happy with that.

30, Base sizes were made smaller to force the player to prioritise which structures they built rather than being able to build everything at a single site.

31, Terror maps should definitely look like some action has been taking place by designing submaps using the damaged tile variants.

A lot of those ideas would be a major pain to implement for very little game change I suspect. As much as a big part of me wants leaning around corners to work, it would change combat a lot, and I feel that programming the AI to take advantage of it would be difficult... Don't get me wrong, almost everything on that list was cool and/or realistic. (Except for exploding cars, Hollywood has made a fool of many people. Have you ever seen a car explode in real life? It's very, very rare, and a few gunshots don't change that). But I would rather the care gameplay gets polished, and hopefully a modder can add the best of the above features, or they could be added in a later patch, as the developer wishes.

I cannot speak for OP, but I for one would like to get the Quantum Cryptology Center working in-game.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to build this because the alien communications array item that unlocks the research is not obtainable. If you mod out that pre-requisite, then it's possible to research and build it. Damned useful structure that I'd like to be able to build normally.

You could mod the prerequisite to be items.alienreactor, since comm arrays are supposed to be present in all bases and that is where the reactors are found as well.