Just Round the Corner

• Ability to open doors without standing in front of them, from the squares at 45 degree intervals.

Opening doors from diagonally adjacent squares? Already in the game!

Edit: Bah, too slow. "Diagonal" isn't the kind of word I throw around often, you know!

Edited by iamkyon

Avoiding damage to critical systems and power cores kept you from abusing grenade breaching in X-Com, though I'm not sure how Xenonauts handles UFOs.

You might be right though. My first thought is "hell yes" but it's entirely possible it'd make breaching too easy, particularly with the new stun grenades.

Avoiding damage to critical systems and power cores kept you from abusing grenade breaching in X-Com, though I'm not sure how Xenonauts handles UFOs.

You might be right though. My first thought is "hell yes" but it's entirely possible it'd make breaching too easy, particularly with the new stun grenades.

Agreed. With the addition of stun grenades and riot shields, the game will have to be balanced very carefully to ensure that breaching is still the terrifying, precision-demanding exercise it is in X-COM.

Realistically, I think the ability to open doors without passing through them is already advantage enough; if you could throw grenades around a corner while keeping your men safe, clearing a UFO or a building would be insanely easy.

Edited by TheTuninator

It would make more sense to me if opening doors at angles was done with left clicking. Right clicking never occurred to me.

As for throwing around corners, you can get a semi-around the corner through by standing a guy at an angle and throwing through the hole. If the space is small enough the grenade's explosive radius will be large enough to get everything inside.

Grenades are extremely powerful in the current build, and leave far too much smoke and fire. Their damage radius should be the same though. Shrapnel.

Well i would agree to have this feature only with an ability for aliens to shoot operative hand off with killing soldiers at the door. Btw will we have some violence in this game like exploding heads etc?

Edited by KOKON

Btw will we have some violence in this game like exploding heads etc?

Not unless someone pays for another few thousand animations for death animations in all of the different armour sets.

Throwing highly destructive weapons without having to risk yourself to either enemy fire or the blast of the grenade feels like a bad idea to me.

So same amount of killing (or are they too powerful?), same size blast radius, but less smoke and fire? I agree

Now that you mention it, I'm not confident I know their blast radius, but the smoke and fire is far too much. I think grenades only have half a stick of TNT in them, or the equivalent, so they smoke should at most be one square at a low setting for one turn.

Talking about grenades Chris does the grenade bullettype (in weapons_gc) always default the animation to the grenade explosion?

I was trying to alter a grenade to do other things but couldn't get it to use any other detonation animation until I changed bullettype to normal.

That might make it difficult to change grenade effects to something like smoke or gas if it does.

I quite like the idea of a small selection of grenades. I'm sad you can't blind throw, but concede it's effect on gameplay.

Nerfing frag grenades down to normal seems a sensible move. I'm desperately hoping that this and other adjustments could allow grenades to be brought back; the mental disconnect to watch your elite squad fumble around with flares and grenades did take me out of it a bit then and now.