[V20 E2- ground combat] - accuracy cap ??

There is no difference between 50 TU and 60 TU shot. In both cases soldier has only 57% hit chance. He uses sniper rifle in mid-long range (did not move in this turn). The target is crouching. Crouching of my soldier does not improve his aim. (Soldier has 73 points of acuracy skill)

It seems that enemy crouching greatly reduce the hit chance which cannot be improved. It riddiculous that my snipers can't hit crouching enemy even at rather close range.

Edited by Gromitek

Aaron said there is an issue with the accuracy calculation at the moment. It has to do with the order in which the crouching bonus is applied. I do know that all fire is capped at 95% i.e. there is always a chance you can miss. There may be other situations where some bonus/reduction is applied in the wrong order. Unless GH gives us the actual in use accuracy formula it's hard to tell if something is working as intended.

Edited by StellarRat

Saw a post earlier that said crouching starts off at 60% to hit and decreases from there. So a shot with no penalties at all will be about 57% chance to hit when aiming at a crouched target.

I personally think this is a bit silly, but I make sure my guys are crouching at the end of their move at the moment.