detonate grenade button!

Chilly

yeah i want a button to detonate all thrown grenades! Sux having to throw lots of grenades to be sure you kill that green guy! And before it got changed i used elektroshok grenades for suppression like Flashbang, because emp's are just much better for that job. So pleeeaase give us a little button to blow'em all up.

yeah i want a button to detonate all thrown grenades! Sux having to throw lots of grenades to be sure you kill that green guy! And before it got changed i used elektroshok grenades for suppression like Flashbang, because emp's are just much better for that job. So pleeeaase give us a little button to blow'em all up.
Real grenades don't have a "detonate" button.

well if this is unrealistic then maybe an option to let them explode right away without the delay. The original game had this option didn't it? I'd like that too.

Hmm i remember an official post (patchnotes i think) that said it was changed so you had time to run away if the grenade didn't quite go where you wanted it to go. ( I didn't read the entire forum though). A button to let them detonate would take care of this.

Or how about better Flashbangs for later gameplay... something that creates equal suppression as elektroshok grenades with imidiate detonation?

The original game forced you to wait until the end of the turn for the explosion (even for grenades set to go off as quickly as possible), which is partly why we changed it. Having tried both methods in the last six months, I think the current way is better overall.

It might be possible to mod it - flashbangs still explode on contact, for example. I forget what tag it is in weapons_gc.xml that triggers contact explosions though.

thanks for explaining how to turn that grenade-waiting-crap off ;-)

on a sidenote: grenades and explosives in general in the OG were much more powerful compared to Xenonauts, so one cannot compare them directly in my opinion. I loved to blow up stuff back then.. I remember how lovely it was to see entire buildings loosing walls by some boomthing and then burning to the ground completly slowly, killing anyone in it or making them unconscious due to smoke . That was just fun.

I generally do not advise people to remove any binding from a files existing code because it can cause more problems then it solves

for the tag explodeAtTurnEnd=

0 makes it explode on impact

1 at the end of that round (after the aliens turn)

2 at the end of the subsequent round (again after the aliens turn)

and so on