is this normal?

Eldgrim

Hi. I just tried build 20. I only play one mission when a build is released and i do not finish it. I'll play when it's released. But the range of weapons so low! I had to get really close to the mobs to have any meaningful %. I also expected cover to Work like enemy unknown. I Have to get out of cover to be able to fire. Thanks.

You can shoot from behind cover (like a car or half-wall). You can't shoot from behind a LOS obstruction (like a full wall). This is actually the same as EU, and is even shown to you when you try to fire.

I think what he's talking about is standing on the corner of a LOS obstruction. In XCOM: EU you can fire around a corner without leaving cover, flanking bug be damned. In return, you can also be hit if you're standing on the corner of a LOS obstruction, which doesn't happen in Xenonauts.

There was a suggestion about implementing "leaning" around corners, but I don't think it'll happen.

I think what he's talking about is standing on the corner of a LOS obstruction. In XCOM: EU you can fire around a corner without leaving cover, flanking bug be damned. In return, you can also be hit if you're standing on the corner of a LOS obstruction, which doesn't happen in Xenonauts.

There was a suggestion about implementing "leaning" around corners, but I don't think it'll happen.

Ah, that would make more sense.

And I think what Commissar was getting at was were you using pistols, shotguns, AR, etc? Each type of weapon has a different range, so pistols have less range than rifles, which have less range than machine guns, etc.