Reduce repair/recovery time of planes

My suggestion is this:

Reduce the time it takes to repair and/or recover downed planes based on idle workers.

I personally don't mind the recovery time of planes, since their asses have to get dragged back to base but the repair time on planes is just ridiculous. With my 45 workers in 3 workshops i can build a MIG in a little over a day, but when I wish to repair a downed MIG or F16 for that matter, it takes up to 3 days.

My solution would be to reduce the time a plane needs to be repaired based on the amount of idle workers currently not working on a project.

I really like that. It would solve at least a bit of the time my workers waste the money i pay them, because their just sitting around twiddling their thump and it would make for some interesting gameplay decissions. Do i make the new laser rifle? Or do i make sure my plain gets opperational as fast as possible?

On the one hand, I want it to really hurt to lose a plane so that you do the utmost to keep them intact, and it should take time to "drag a plane back to base" and piece it back together, but I still don't think it's a bad idea to have idle workers give you a small boost to repair speed.

Bottom line is, though, that I want it to smart to lose a plane. If you lose a plane to enemy fire or fuel shortage, it should be a major setback, and the very fact that you can recover planes and don't have to buy new ones is a major improvement from the original X-Com game.

Considering you're trying to reassemble a semi-truck of broken metal bits and wires I think three days or even three months would be reasonable, but you're right, it should probably be based on the number of free technicians or at least the speed should increase if you have free technicians.