Build V8.9 Released!

HumanKtulu what game is your avatar from? I have vague memories about playing that game at my cousins place and loveing it but never getting it myself...

I'm pretty sure the avatar comes from the comic book series called "Les Tuniques Bleues".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Tuniques_Bleues

Sorry for being off-topic, but in this case I really couldn't help it.

I'm pretty sure the avatar comes from the comic book series called "Les Tuniques Bleues".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Tuniques_Bleues

Sorry for being off-topic, but in this case I really couldn't help it.

Interesting bit of backstory but it was the game i was after and I do believe the picture is from the game rather then the comics.

Thank you nontheless.

I believe that answer is on one or two pages back in this thread.

Edit: THis little tidbit was on page four:

It might not be another few days yet. We've done a lot of work and it's taking some time to get it all into one game and working with everything else :)

Love this game and this genre. I haven't been able to play this game much, of course, because it keeps crashing for me on the ground battle either when a random member of my team dies to alien gunfire or I use the backpack option and return to game. May have something to do with my guy carrying an alien corpse for research purposes. I always pick up at least 1 corpse and that seems to be when it happens. Also, the crashes that have happened when one of my soldiers dies have been when it was a soldier that was carrying an alien corpse so, perhaps, it is not so random?

Anyway, can't wait for future builds and the ability to complete my first ground battle. :-D

This is odd, this build is incredibly unstable for me. I'm not even managing to get through a single ground mission. Though perhaps its Desura causing me difficulties with the updating.

edit: scratch that. I verified the files and now it seems to be working fine

Edited by Tom O'Bedlam

There should be posts by Chris in this thread detailing what will be in the 9.0 version.

Like this post here

Love this game and this genre. I haven't been able to play this game much, of course, because it keeps crashing for me on the ground battle either when a random member of my team dies to alien gunfire or I use the backpack option and return to game. May have something to do with my guy carrying an alien corpse for research purposes. I always pick up at least 1 corpse and that seems to be when it happens. Also, the crashes that have happened when one of my soldiers dies have been when it was a soldier that was carrying an alien corpse so, perhaps, it is not so random?

Anyway, can't wait for future builds and the ability to complete my first ground battle. :-D

I would suggest you sop picking up dead aliens for now then. theres no real need since if you win the mission any alien corpse will be sold off at the end. Keeping one in the backpack wont make any difference except seemingly cause you to crash.

Edited by Gorlom