Smoke grenade sets house on fire?

flipcooke

First link is a save file that shows the problem/burning house with laggy issues

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4rue70ekzp6q1w/burning%20house%20laggy.zip

Second link is a save file before the above, where u can recreate the issue above by sending a man out of ship to throw a smoke grenade at the nearest building, select end turn, and the house goes on fire in the next turn. I used flares first before the smoke grenades

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtlvcha4j930ajy/before%20bug%20%2C%20throw%20smoke%20grenade%20at%20nearest%20building%20to%20cause%20lag%20and%20problem.zip

Let me know if you need anything else.

Ah. My bad. I'm new at this Xenonauts! even tho Ive been an avid fan of the original Xcom TFTD!

V19 Stable Hotfix 2/9/13 using Steam, signed in as Beta experimental branch.

The only mod I used was community maps that is on this forum somewhere, which seems to be the norm for adding new maps?

While smoke grenades may de facto cause fires, in the context of the game, smoke grenades would not be considered to be hot so de jure, it would be considered to be a bug. I'm willing to bet small sums that if the game were released and smoke grenades caused fires, the forums would have a sizeable number of people reporting "a weird bug".

EDIT: This is a perception thing. People could perceive that there can be smoke without fire, so they could not perceive that smoke might cause fire.

Edited by Max_Caine

While smoke grenades may de facto cause fires, in the context of the game, smoke grenades would not be considered to be hot so de jure, it would be considered to be a bug. I'm willing to bet small sums that if the game were released and smoke grenades caused fires, the forums would have a sizeable number of people reporting "a weird bug".

EDIT: This is a perception thing. People could perceive that there can be smoke without fire, so they could not perceive that smoke might cause fire.

Fair point.

This fire caused by the smoke grenade causes the game to run jerky/laggy. Even rebooting the game and reloading it I still have the same problem. Surely this part is a bug if someone else used my game save to replicate what I experience, even though smoke grenade is allowed to cause fires? Should this part regarding laggy/jerky effects after smoke grenade/fire be reported in the bug section thread?

I remember during the Israeli invasion of Lebanon there were accusations of the Israelis using white phosphorus as incendiaries against civilians (illegal) when what was being deployed were wide-area screening munitions that use WP burning wads of felt to produce smoke. These wads hitting objects could cause burns and damage, but they weren't the design ethos of the weapon and are less effective for incendiary purposes than a pure WP round and are not illegal munitions.

The potential side-effects and health risks of WP use even in these rounds are leading to discussions regarding a wider ban on WP use however.

I remember during the Israeli invasion of Lebanon there were accusations of the Israelis using white phosphorus as incendiaries against civilians (illegal) when what was being deployed were wide-area screening munitions that use WP burning wads of felt to produce smoke. These wads hitting objects could cause burns and damage, but they weren't the design ethos of the weapon and are less effective for incendiary purposes than a pure WP round and are not illegal munitions.

The potential side-effects and health risks of WP use even in these rounds are leading to discussions regarding a wider ban on WP use however.

I don't think the UN or anyone else would have warm, fuzzy feelings about saving the aliens from WP though, do you?

actually the smokes in reality get really hot when used, unlikely but possible for em to set whatever its standing on in fire if its highly flammable ^^ (really really small chanse but its there)

edit, didnt see there was a second page dammit :P

Edited by yunthi

Smoke, waaaay back (StellarRat+Elydo should remember this) used to cause.. 15pts of damage, I think. That got vox populi'd out some time between v12 and v15. I tried out making smoke dangerous with my glitterglass mod, but it doesn't really work out, tbh.

EDIT: Thinking about the perception thing.. I do believe that while human smoke would be ridiculed if it set things on fire, alien smoke could get away with setting things on fire, because.. alien! Hmmm...... puts me in mind for a mod, so it does...

Edited by Max_Caine

Smoke, waaaay back (StellarRat+Elydo should remember this) used to cause.. 15pts of damage, I think. That got vox populi'd out some time between v12 and v15. I tried out making smoke dangerous with my glitterglass mod, but it doesn't really work out, tbh.

EDIT: Thinking about the perception thing.. I do believe that while human smoke would be ridiculed if it set things on fire, alien smoke could get away with setting things on fire, because.. alien! Hmmm...... puts me in mind for a mod, so it does...

Why don't you just mod up some WP grenades? Fire, damage, smoke all rolled up in one neat package...